Sign in to follow this  
jareck80

Jameer = liability

barnettej, Jameer's size is not only a problem on a defensive end, he was completely shut down during the last year's first round series by Hinrich on the offensive end as well. When he was younger it wasn't too bad but he was never too athletic and now it is just depressing to see him driving to the hoop as he has no lift, he barely jumps when he is going for a layup.

barnettej, Jameer's size is not only a problem on a defensive end, he was completely shut down during the last year's first round series by Hinrich on the offensive end as well. When he was younger it wasn't too bad but he was never too athletic and now it is just depressing to see him driving to the hoop as he has no lift, he barely jumps when he is going for a layup.

Okay fair enough, then let me ask you this.

What player had a good series against the Hawks?

Because if I recall, no one did well, we shot single digit percentages that lead to our demmise and fast break points.

If the GM decided on last years performance then a lot more people should be added to your list... Like the whole team.

Okay fair enough, then let me ask you this.

What player had a good series against the Hawks?

Because if I recall, no one did well, we shot single digit percentages that lead to our demmise and fast break points.

Exactly...So, when Nelson was guarded by the same sized, old and slow Bibby a year ago, Jameer had a great series. Hawks learned the lesson, traded for Hinrich and that was one of the reasons they have beaten us. Also, they played Dwight one on one, so without getting open shots-Jameer has disappeared. He could not pass by Hinrich and create his own shot and create for his team mates (lack of athletism, speed, height). Not enough fast breaks? because Jameer can't push the ball. So, thats what I am talking about. Lack of size hurt him on both ends of the floor, lack of size and athletism did not allow him to create anything against Hinrich, he was shooting poorly cause Dwight was not attracting double-teams. Of course it was not the only reason we lost to Hawks but one of the major ones.

Exactly...So, when Nelson was guarded by the same sized, old and slow Bibby a year ago, Jameer had a great series. Hawks learned the lesson, traded for Hinrich and that was one of the reasons they have beaten us. Also, they played Dwight one on one, so without getting open shots-Jameer has disappeared. He could not pass by Hinrich and create his own shot and create for his team mates (lack of athletism, speed, height). Not enough fast breaks? because Jameer can't push the ball. So, thats what I am talking about. Lack of size hurt him on both ends of the floor, lack of size and athletism did not allow him to create anything against Hinrich, he was shooting poorly cause Dwight was not attracting double-teams. Of course it was not the only reason we lost to Hawks but one of the major ones.

Please don't act as though Hinrich is some subpar defender.

So if the entire team played poorly in that series, then by your logic shouldn't we trade away the entire roster?

Please don't act as though Hinrich is some subpar defender.

So if the entire team played poorly in that series, then by your logic shouldn't we trade away the entire roster?

First this thread is about Jameer. Second thats what I am trying to say, vs quality opponent Jameer will struggle, like he struggled vs Billiups, Rondo, Hinrich...I even remember Billiups to get injured in game 3 of the playoff series and we could not take advantage (rookie Stuckey replaced Billiups in starting lineup), lost in game 4 at home and then in game 5 in Detroit...But if in previous years he was struggling vs certain players, right now he struggles almost vs everyone, as he is getting older and even more slower. Third, in my previous post I have already mentioned that Jameer was not the only reason we lost to Hawks but one of the major ones, I think you would agree with that.

And can you please finally answer my question as I am really curious...

Once again I want to ask all users who support Jameer Nelson on this thread and claim that he is better than Jarret Jack, Stuckey, Andre Miller, on the same level with Tony Parker (apparently they have similar career stats per 36mins or smth. like this) , we do not need Nash (we won't be able to get him anyway), who can actually replace Jameer Nelson in starting five to make our team better except Rose, Deron and Paul? I am not asking to offer a trade proposal which is going to weaken our team...I just want to know who is in your opinion a better PG than Nelson and fits our style...Because I have an impression that most of the users on this forum strongly believe that Jameer (except few superstar PGs) is an ideal PG for our team. Thanks.

And can you please finally answer my question as I am really curious...

Anybody who's ever started a game because Jameer is the worst starting PG in the league

• Downvote 1

Babir's obsession has reached the point where Jameer is the only person he/she can see in his/her daily life.

tumblr_kr7itc1ti51qzel1vo1_1280.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1255110497866

LMAO!!!! Dwight needs to see this

Babir's obsession has reached the point where Jameer is the only person he/she can see in his/her daily life.

tumblr_kr7itc1ti51qzel1vo1_1280.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1255110497866

You killed me with this one Kberto..... OMG

All of these excuses hold the same weight as air, as soon as Nelson has a killer game you all disappear,

You say nada, nothing, zero, afraid to retract your words when Nelson plays hero,

But your so quick to hold up the trade him stick, if he doesnt do what you wish.

Real Fans understand that there ups and downs in every man, you win, you lose

Its a short narrative that everyone can relate too, faced with lows, you push through

Never put faith in the words of haters, its just a motivational tool.

I disagree. When Nelson starts to play well I will congratulate him and still say he needs to come off the bench because he is too inconsistent.

There was another comment about bandwagon fans and people jumping on board bc of Dwight. I have been a fan since young and I'm 25. Im the type of guy who watches the team even when they loose.

I will say it again. WE SHOULDNT GET RID OF JAMEER WE SHOULD SIMPLY BRING HIM OFF THE BENCH BEHIND A STAR PG OR SOMEONE BETTER. He is too inconsistent.

I disagree. When Nelson starts to play well I will congratulate him and still say he needs to come off the bench because he is too inconsistent.

There was another comment about bandwagon fans and people jumping on board bc of Dwight. I have been a fan since young and I'm 25. Im the type of guy who watches the team even when they loose.

I will say it again. WE SHOULDNT GET RID OF JAMEER WE SHOULD SIMPLY BRING HIM OFF THE BENCH BEHIND A STAR PG OR SOMEONE BETTER. He is too inconsistent.

I agree, we should get a star point guard or someone better, in fact we should do that at every position on the floor...now who are we going to get, how are we going to get him, and who are we giving up in the process?