Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

2012 Election thread

This is why I take issue with Republicans knocking Romney for his healthcare plan in Massachusetts. The people of the state wanted it, he was their governor and helped give it to them. Who would have thought, actually governing with the best intentions of your constituents in mind? Every state should have that right to do the same.

Republicans have issues with Romney because Obamacare is one of the major talking points for whoever comes out of this race, and he's its major architect. He'll mention that 92-ish% of the Massachusetts people already owned healthcare and that his plan didn't really change that, but if he's as adamant about repealing it as he says, then it's only logical for Obama to respond accordingly.

He can argue as much as he wants about it being at the state-level, but it's still a top down govt mandate.

what is this i dont even

try saying Islamo-fascist around a muslim next time you see one. And then explain to him "OHHH I wasn't talking about you, just the guy on the TV screen!!!!"

try saying Islamo-fascist around a muslim next time you see one. And then explain to him "OHHH I wasn't talking about you, just the guy on the TV screen!!!!"

That's like saying all Southerners should be offended by the use of the term "redneck".

Islamo-fascist is a term for a very specific subset of people in the Middle East. If Osprey wasn't using the terms interchangeably, and he wasn't, then there really is nothing for him to apologize for.

That's like saying all Southerners should be offended by the use of the term "redneck".

Islamo-fascist is a term for a very specific subset of people in the Middle East. If Osprey wasn't using the terms interchangeably, and he wasn't, then there really is nothing for him to apologize for.

No, it's not. It's a huge oversimplification of an idea that is so complex and cannot be explained as easily as a catchy buzzword might suggest. The word islamo-fascist doesn't even make sense as I pointed out earlier: Islam is the religion, and muslims are the followers. We never hear "christianic terrorist" or "judaic terrorist;" So why must this be different? Instead of slandering the whole religion, wouldn't it make more sense to just say "muslim fascist?"

All "Islamofacism" does is offend moderate muslims who denounce violence and extremism. And your analogy does not hold the same weight as this: we are not fighting a war with rednecks that has claimed hundred of thousands of lives. The gravity of the situations do not compare.

If you're going to complain about any buzzword being an oversimplification, then you need to never participate in any discussion of politics, because all of them are.

And Islamo-fascist is a word that is used describe people who support an Islamic theocratic regime, so I'm not sure why you would actually say that the term isn't applicable to that subset of people.

If you're going to complain about any buzzword being an oversimplification, then you need to never participate in any discussion of politics, because all of them are.

that's a poor excuse; we shouldn't strive for accuracy or have understanding? and we aren't talking about any buzzword we are talking about a specific one.

And Islamo-fascist is a word that is used describe people who support an Islamic theocratic regime, so I'm not sure why you would actually say that the term isn't applicable to that subset of people.

so muslims who want to follow the religion in personal and state affairs are now fascists by default? I wonder what you'd think of christians in the Vatican city then.

That was a very poor definition of Islamofascist.

so muslims who want to follow the religion in personal and state affairs are now fascists by default? I wonder what you'd think of christians in the Vatican city then.

That was a very poor definition of Islamofascist.

I'm just going to stop participating in this conversation.

At this point, you're being argumentative for its own sake, and it's not what this thread is about anyway.

At this point, you're being argumentative for its own sake, and it's not what this thread is about anyway.

that's fine you leave on your terms.

your oversimplification (again) is exactly what I had an issue about. If you truly think it is not an oversimplification and you think people know exactly what you are talking about, say islamofascist when you talk to a muslim about "those people" like I told Osprey.

DoM calling someone argumentative for its own sake IS SO RICH.

:shard: :shard: :shard: :shard:

DoM calling someone argumentative for its own sake IS SO RICH.

:shard: :shard: :shard: :shard:

I hate to burst your bubble but I'm fairly confident he has you on ignore.

Organizations like Hamas, Hezbollah, the Muslim Brotherhood, Al-Qaeda, who wish to bring about oppressive, fascist, theocracies to the Middle East are called Islamo-fascists for a reason. They are using Islam as a front/justification for their installation of such regimes.

I will tell any Muslim in America that if they support those groups then they are supporting terrorists and are being Islamofascist sympathizers.

And by the way, The words "Christian Extremist Group" is used frequently in the media, and for doing far less than lobbing bombs into synagogues.