Sign in to follow this  
KLiQ

Turn the page - trade Howard

And there's always a chance we swing something like the Tracy/Hill signing and manage to re-land Dwight and Williams. I'm not holding my breath because....Brooklyn and p-diddy, but still - there's a chance.

That would be amazing. I always wonder what would a gone down if Hill was able to stay injury free.

and please Diddy / Jay z got nothing on Micky hahah. See NY might have the big city and lights but Orlando has the fireworks!

That would be amazing. I always wonder what would a gone down if Hill was able to stay injury free.

and please Diddy / Jay z got nothing on Micky hahah. See NY might have the big city and lights but Orlando has the fireworks!

Or even if Tracy had stayed to play with Dwight. What are we missing now? A slasher who can score at will. What was Tracy? Exactly.

Ah well...

I was just chating with a board member who has a very good handle on the cap and cba and he pointed this out to me-

"Anyone else find it funny that, despite the fact that they'll have at least 30m in CAP space at the end of the season and could have as much as 38m if they turn down Gibson's TO and Sessions opts out, no one believes for one second that any FA is going to Cleveland. Like, that option isn't even being entertained by the media.

However: for all the talk of Cleveland being absolutely ruined by Lebron leaving, they're still in a position where 2 years later, they're going to have enough CAP space for 2 max free agents, 2 top 4 picks from the previous draft, and likely another lottery pick forthcoming.

THAT is what Orlando should do, particularly since unlike Cleveland, Orlando has proven to be a place in which FAs will actually come to play."

Any of you that still feel the best route is to grab whatever we can after reading that comment need to have your head examined. I would go a step further and say that if management is looking at doing anything other than moves that end up with this type of result they all need to go. 2yrs of rebuilding vs many more years crossing our fingers that components from mediocre to awful teams like Atl or NJ or a team on the down side like LA are going to get us into contention, the choice is obvious.

I was just chating with a board member who has a very good handle on the cap and cba and he pointed this out to me-

"Anyone else find it funny that, despite the fact that they'll have at least 30m in CAP space at the end of the season and could have as much as 38m if they turn down Gibson's TO and Sessions opts out, no one believes for one second that any FA is going to Cleveland. Like, that option isn't even being entertained by the media.

However: for all the talk of Cleveland being absolutely ruined by Lebron leaving, they're still in a position where 2 years later, they're going to have enough CAP space for 2 max free agents, 2 top 4 picks from the previous draft, and likely another lottery pick forthcoming.

THAT is what Orlando should do, particularly since unlike Cleveland, Orlando has proven to be a place in which FAs will actually come to play."

Any of you that still feel the best route is to grab whatever we can after reading that comment need to have your head examined. I would go a step further and say that if management is looking at doing anything other than moves that end up with this type of result they all need to go. 2yrs of rebuilding vs many more years crossing our fingers that components from mediocre to awful teams like Atl or NJ or a team on the down side like LA are going to get us into contention, the choice is obvious.

Totally. And I kind of like the Schadenfreude aspect that if he leaves at the end of the year, he loses out on GOBS of money.

Wow if we can pull something like that off.

Orlando >>>> Cleveland in free agent destinations.

High Draft picks + 2 superstars would be a wet dream even David Stern's Hornets would be jealous of.

And there's always a chance we swing something like the Tracy/Hill signing and manage to re-land Dwight and Williams. I'm not holding my breath because....Brooklyn and p-diddy, but still - there's a chance.

That would be great. Whats the big deal about Brooklyn and Diddy Pac , i dont get it. I dont understand the whole nets thing

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bottom line is were going to have to rebuild if we trade him or not, there's no point to deal just to deal, all the rumored offers that everyone's seen online are crap trades and we would be getting little to no compensation for losing the best center of the decade. I personally would much rather have a last attempt at keeping him and enjoy one last season of being remotely good and play it out and see what happens, if something amazing happens and somehow he decides to stay because of a good move we've made trade wise or some of our guys stepping it up and playing like they want to win then that will be amazing but even if he decides to leave at the end of the season then id rather him leave losing alot of money and us knowing we did all we could to keep him rather than wondering what could have happened if we didn't trade him.

I agree with this.

I'd rather have one last run at it with Dwight than to trade him away for some of the proposed trades I've heard.

I agree with this.

I'd rather have one last run at it with Dwight than to trade him away for some of the proposed trades I've heard.

Agree. We have one superstars already and if he stays in, 2 years from now, we will have enough cap space to sign another superstar as well plus the contract of several great rookies.