AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

I'm looking at fantasy stats and I see that Birdman isn't getting along all too well with George Karl. Do you think they would be willing to come off him? For Duhon, Orton, Liggins and maybe cash?

Your right. But if it gets Dwight to opt in another year.. You got to do it.. It's a no brainer.

The good thing is with Hedo, at least it's almost an even swap (salaries). If J-Rich did go, we'd be giving up too much. Didn't think it all the way thru.

I'm looking at fantasy stats and I see that Birdman isn't getting along all too well with George Karl. Do you think they would be willing to come off him? For Duhon, Orton, Liggins and maybe cash?

We don't need a big man that bad. First priority should be a scoring wing

Jrich would fit Milwaukee even better. Throw in Duhon and Orton and get Livingston back with JAX and you improved our team in its worst areas while not sacrificing valuable depth.

As much as I despise Turk's contract, I feel that as long as we have Dwight we are a better team w/Turk.

Uhh, add Jax's contract to Turk's? Not to mention that Livingston has been injury free for a couple of months so he is about due for his arms to fall off. Sounds like an Otis knee jerk.

• Upvote 1

Stephen Jackson is not playing nearly enough in his opinion and that started back in January. Jackson says he and head coach Scott Skiles don't talk.

According to The Journal Times, Jackson did an interview on a Milwaukee TV station and said: "We don't have a relationship like I've had with other coaches and I don't expect to have one. Too much stuff has happened."

Jackson has been unhappy with Bucks resistance to offer him an extension and in January he was benched for being late to a shootaround.

The Bucks would like to move Jackson, but may not have any takers since he's owed $10 million next season.

The newspaper suggests general manger John Hammond might be able to deal the swingman if he includes either Ersan Ilyasova or Brandon Jennings.

Hammond may end up using the amnesty provision on Jackson in July if he can't trade him by March 15.

LINK: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

What kind of package you think we could offer for Jennings & Sjax? Mb Jameer, Jrich , Turk, orton?

• Upvote 1

Looks like Captain Jax has worn out his welcome with the Bucks... He and Scott Skiles are not even talking anymore. The Bucks are not finding any takers for Jax. I say we try and offer Hedo for Jax straight up. Hedo has played good this year...his only problem is his D. Hedo was so bad on D against Iggy the other night, that Stan had to put Q in to slow Iggy down. Now the only problem with this trade is that Turk has an extra year on his contract over Jax. But that last year of Turk's contract is not fully guaranteed. But Turk with his passing would be good in Scott Skiles system. And Turk is not a headcase cancer.

Why would Orlando do the trade? Jax is on Dwights list of players, and he plays all out tuff D. Plus he can create his own shot. I think Jax would not be a headcase with us, because like when he played for the Spurs years ago, he will be playing for a championship with us.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7s7fmjq

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-time-to-trade-stephen-jackson

Stephen Jackson doesn't really create his own shot either. He just jacks up shots at an alarming rate. Would I take him on my team if it meant Dwight stays? Yes. But do I think this would convince Dwight to stay? No.

Looks like Captain Jax has worn out his welcome with the Bucks... He and Scott Skiles are not even talking anymore. The Bucks are not finding any takers for Jax. I say we try and offer Hedo for Jax straight up. Hedo has played good this year...his only problem is his D. Hedo was so bad on D against Iggy the other night, that Stan had to put Q in to slow Iggy down. Now the only problem with this trade is that Turk has an extra year on his contract over Jax. But that last year of Turk's contract is not fully guaranteed. But Turk with his passing would be good in Scott Skiles system. And Turk is not a headcase cancer.

Why would Orlando do the trade? Jax is on Dwights list of players, and he plays all out tuff D. Plus he can create his own shot. I think Jax would not be a headcase with us, because like when he played for the Spurs years ago, he will be playing for a championship with us.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7s7fmjq

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-time-to-trade-stephen-jackson

If I thought that we could actually trade Hedo and his contract for Jackson and his, then I would say do it. But I don't think that Jackson is a DeVos type of employee:

During his first season as a member of the Indiana Pacers in the 2004–05 NBA season Jackson received a 30-game suspension from the league after going into the stands and brawling with Detroit Pistons fans during the infamous Pacers–Pistons brawl at The Palace of Auburn Hills, on November 19, 2004.

and

On October 6, 2006, there were police reports that Jackson and three other Pacers players were involved in an argument with several patrons at Club Rio, a strip club in Indianapolis. Jackson was punched by one of the patrons and was hit by a car, rolling onto the hood. His injuries were considered minor. Jackson says he fired several gunshots from a 9-mm pistol as an act of self-defense. However, prosecutors later said he fired first. Jackson was charged October 11, 2006 with a felony count of criminal recklessness. He served a seven game suspension at the beginning of the 2007–08 NBA season as a Warrior for his legal problems.

Not exactly Disney-like.

If I thought that we could actually trade Hedo and his contract for Jackson and his, then I would say do it. But I don't think that Jackson is a DeVos type of employee:

During his first season as a member of the Indiana Pacers in the 2004–05 NBA season Jackson received a 30-game suspension from the league after going into the stands and brawling with Detroit Pistons fans during the infamous Pacers–Pistons brawl at The Palace of Auburn Hills, on November 19, 2004.

and

On October 6, 2006, there were police reports that Jackson and three other Pacers players were involved in an argument with several patrons at Club Rio, a strip club in Indianapolis. Jackson was punched by one of the patrons and was hit by a car, rolling onto the hood. His injuries were considered minor. Jackson says he fired several gunshots from a 9-mm pistol as an act of self-defense. However, prosecutors later said he fired first. Jackson was charged October 11, 2006 with a felony count of criminal recklessness. He served a seven game suspension at the beginning of the 2007–08 NBA season as a Warrior for his legal problems.

Not exactly Disney-like.

S-Jax has done a lot of good work too, and many of his former teammates and coaches rave about him.

I wouldn't judge him based on those two incidents alone.

S-Jax has done a lot of good work too, and many of his former teammates and coaches rave about him.

I wouldn't judge him based on those two incidents alone.

And "I" don't. I was not referring to myself. I was referring to the track record (with the exception of Gilbert) of the Magic in regards to the type of player that they sign. We've all made mistakes. Some bigger and more often than others.