AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

It would have to be a three team trade and it would have to be with another team that is looking to make a major step toward rebuilding as well. Is it possible? Well, yes. I mean New Jersey almost had it before the season even started, but ended up falling through due to the Magic declining. We could make a similar trade package centered around an actually decent player.

I say it makes little sense. I'm not a huge fan of bringing ellis here. If Dwight is upset about not getting touches now then, hello world. If we ever used the pieces we had the sg position wouldn't be an issue. I'm all for sending JRich for another piece but, a back up C and giving Ish the back up spot are where I'd like to see focus. Get Duhon and the Rich boys out for a back up C and we will see some considerable changes.

Dwight seems more angry about not getting touches when the offense is failing to score (like when the Magic started failing to the Bucks, only to be later bailed out by JRich in the end). Dwight want's to see the ball when the 3 point shot is not falling and the perimeter is struggling. Bringing in a more dynamic scorer wouldn't clash with Dwight's want's rather, make it easier for him.

yes wehave surplus of guards

adding JR SMITH means we have the depth to make a move for nash or monta or even deron

JR can single win games by himself he'd be a great addition

JR cannot win games by himself.

He would be a nice addition if we can trade JRich for other pieces, too.

Dwight/Duhon for Chandler/Amare/Lin. I'd do it.

At this point in time, that could be a steal/bust.

First, nobody in NYK would get rid of Lin just to pair Dwight/Anthony.

It will be very difficult for ANYONE to get Lin via trade now

Second, we could end up with huge contracts and an unproven guy. This could be

- Great if RDV wants to contend and gets two complimentary pieces down low with a future "star"

- Horrible if we get two ball hogs, one with no D and the other with no O, and Lin gets back to earth

Indiana and Atlanta both lost last night, bouncing us into 5th (tied with Atlanta). We could go into the AllStar break in the top 4 again, which seemed unthinkable after we threw up that 50-pointer in Boston.

Philly comes to town tonight and we have a chance to gain some ground on them. While it looks like Miami and Chicago are out of reach (and, realistically, are better teams), I don't think the Magic hitting the #3 spot is unthinkable.

Everything's coming up Millhouse!

Chicago might be reachable considering the Bulls want to make sure D. Rose is 100% by playoffs. I guess his back is causing him some serious pain.

What is the point in signing JR Smith when we have Von Wafer? Someone explain this to me.

The point is JR would play while Von Wafer will still be sitting on the bench. I don't know how JR's defense is, but I believe that's Wafers issue. I cant see no other reason why Stan won't play him.

JR cannot win games by himself.

He would be a nice addition if we can trade JRich for other pieces, too.

anyone here, who doesn't think he would be a good addition are fools, we need more athleticism come playoff time

(not aimed at you ginobili)

Dwight/Duhon for Chandler/Amare/Lin. I'd do it.

Would never happen. NY would abandon the Knicks if they got rid of Lin. If Lin is for real and this isn't just some crazy streak he's on, I could actually see them making a trade for Anthony. I hear if Carmello has the ball in his hands for more than 3 seconds, the fans are prepared to boo him. They want Lin. This ish is crazy.

anyone here, who doesn't think he would be a good addition are fools, we need more athleticism come playoff time

(not aimed at you ginobili)

He can win games by himself like Jrich can.

https://orlandoallstarweekend.com/ryan-anderson-of-the-orlando-magic-will-compete-in-3-point-shootout

Orlando Magic forward Ryan Anderson, who is having a career year in points, did not get a All-Star reserve spot. However, he is going to gear up in his hometown for the 3 point shootout on All Star Saturday Night. Dwight and teammates will be court side to cheer him on. Also, Gia Allemand, Ryan's Girlfriend probably close by as well.