AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

Could it be Daniel Orton may turn into something after all? He looks unpolished and sloppy but maybe just maybe in time we can develop him to be another gortat. Im going to call him Daniel O'rton with the apostraphe since he reminds me so much of the last great center we had with the last name starting with "O"!

Some may disagree with me, but I actually want the Magic to drop to the 8th seed. Cause seeds 5-7 suck major. 5th seed is a round 1 matchup with the Celtics most likely. Heck no. 6th Seed, alright I'm cool with a matchup against Indiana, but less cool with it then I would be if we were the home seed, which with no Dwight is not gonna happen. 7th seed is a matchup with the Heat. Yeah no.

That leaves the 8th seed. And seriously. I'd rather play the Bulls. Assuming Dwight comes back (and now Davis, and yes I know thats a lot of assuming) and we go in at full strength. I like the Bulls matchup more then I like us playing either the Heat or Celtics. Plus the Bulls aren't exactly team healthy. Rose has had season long back issues that are worse then Dwight's and he is not 100%. Not only that but their second best player in Deng now has a bad wrist as well. To me that is a series that could go real crazy real quick.

I'm not sure where this myth of us matching up well with the Bulls started. They are an athletic defensive team, the exact kind of team that we struggle with. With the exception of Dwight, nobody in our normal rotation is athletic. They blew us out twice on our home floor this year and held us to 59 points without Rose. Not a good matchup. Indiana is the ONLY team we have a chance of advancing against IMO. I'm not totally confident in that either despite our 3-1 record with them. If Dwight isn't 100% and guys like Ryan, J-Rich, Jameer aren't producing we won't beat anyone. This year almost seems like a lost cause, but I'd like to at least avoid losing in the first round in back to back years with the best big in the game, that is embarassing.

Fran V on this team next year would be a huge plus and would explain why we are letting Orton walk after the season.

Fran V would definitely fill a need in the backup Center position and play some PF. He could be teamed with Dwight or Davis.

SG and SF are the real needs at this point.

Some may disagree with me, but I actually want the Magic to drop to the 8th seed. Cause seeds 5-7 suck major. 5th seed is a round 1 matchup with the Celtics most likely. Heck no. 6th Seed, alright I'm cool with a matchup against Indiana, but less cool with it then I would be if we were the home seed, which with no Dwight is not gonna happen. 7th seed is a matchup with the Heat. Yeah no.

That leaves the 8th seed. And seriously. I'd rather play the Bulls. Assuming Dwight comes back (and now Davis, and yes I know thats a lot of assuming) and we go in at full strength. I like the Bulls matchup more then I like us playing either the Heat or Celtics. Plus the Bulls aren't exactly team healthy. Rose has had season long back issues that are worse then Dwight's and he is not 100%. Not only that but their second best player in Deng now has a bad wrist as well. To me that is a series that could go real crazy real quick.

Actually and interesting point. Assuming Howard is back for the playoffs he would be rusty for a few games. That said, I would rather him be rusty against a lesser team.

If Fran joins the team, we better strap in somewhere.

#freeFran #eurodisneyMagic :shard:

• Upvote 1

YBR any update on how Dwight is feeling?

He's been bothered by that Ping article along with that player(s) in the lockerroom that talked to Ping but other than that he's rehabbing hard to try and be ready for the playoffs

Fran V on this team next year would be a huge plus and would explain why we are letting Orton walk after the season.

Fran V would definitely fill a need in the backup Center position and play some PF. He could be teamed with Dwight or Davis.

SG and SF are the real needs at this point.

I don't know much about Fran, is he really capable of playing backup C and starting PF/Backup PF? What does his game resemble? Thanks.