Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Official Game Thread: Magic @ Thunder

The performance was not too bad. Thunder are the team in the West to beat, and we could have been blow out like the Mavs. However, Duhon should never see any time on the court. Van Gundy should use the rookies more often.

I'm not even envisioning dwight being here anymore, c'mon why would he stay if he doesn't even want to put the effort?

I'm not envisioning it either because Otis is still here.

You know I really liked the way Stans rotation looked against the Heat in the second game of preseason... when he played the rookies and Larry Hughes, along with Von Wafer and starting Ryan Anderson. He got that part right against the Thunder, and I've been lobbying for Ryan to start for the past two seasons... so it's great to see he's finally getting that opportunity.

I also drafted him on my fantasy team, so of course I can't be upset if we lost to arguably the best team in the West on the road, in the first game of the season.

Tonight will be a different story, J-Rich won't miss every shot, Q Rich, Wafer, and hopefully Hughes will get some more playing time... and Dwight will put on a show for us.

GO MAGIC!

Let's be realistic. This team got killed by the Atlanta Hawks...this team is actually slightly worse then last years with Duhon replacing Arenas as backup PG. OKC is better then Atlanta....so we technically should have lost this game. Stan will let our young rookies ride the bench all year while the old hags continue being inconsistent each and every game. Hedo is a joke of a basketball player. Stan refuses to switch up his philosophy of chucking 3's while we have capable players that can drive to the basket/slash riding the bench the entire game. We will win maybe 35 games this year. Probably 5th best in the East, this is all with Dwight staying, if he leaves, then Stan must go too and it's time to rebuild. Fun season.

Goodness, I don't remember losing a season opener in such decisive fashion since we lost to the Hawks 85-99 at home in 2008-2009.

What a miserable year that was.

I don't know what to think about this.

On one hand, our favorite team has experienced increasingly disappointing playoff defeats for the last three years, so the law of trends says that we probably won't make the playoffs this year.

On the other hand, you bring up a good point in that since the '08-'09 season had an even worse start and we still went to the finals, the law of patterns says we should do even better this time, meaning a championship.

One of those things has to be true, I just don't know which one.

I don't know what to think about this.

On one hand, our favorite team has experienced increasingly disappointing playoff defeats for the last three years, so the law of trends says that we probably won't make the playoffs this year.

On the other hand, you bring up a good point in that since the '08-'09 season had an even worse start and we still went to the finals, the law of patterns says we should do even better this time, meaning a championship.

One of those things has to be true, I just don't know which one.

I think the safe bet is to use a combination of both.

We end up winning the championship only to realize that our entire team was on PED's, forfeiting our title to the Lakers, who were eliminated in the 2nd round.

It's the natural order of things in this league.