Beast From The East

Game Thread: Heat @ Magic 12/20/11 (preseason)

Something that's always bothered me about this team? We don't get to the free throw line enough.

that's because we take all our shots from beyond the 3pt line... our first 8 of 12 shots have been 3's!!...WTF is this bullsh!t style of game..

that's because we take all our shots from beyond the 3pt line... our first 8 of 12 shots have been 3's!!...WTF is this bullsh!t style of game..

Kind of what I'm getting at. I'm fine with driving in, dishing out for the uncontested three, but in order for that to work, you OCCASIONALLY have to dive in and actually try to score. The Heat are a REALLY good defensive team: jack-up-threes just doesn't work on them.

Man, I know it's preseason but this absolutely sucks. We suck right now.

I do want to see us up against a team that ISN'T the Miami Heat. The Heat are pretty good - we're not bad, but I have a feeling the Heat will be blowing out a lot of teams this year.

It would also seem like Miami's athleticism and length is stopping a lot of passes and penetration... In other words, their perimeter players > Orlando's.

what you're telling is that wade and lebron are better than our guys? you should work for espn.

Kind of what I'm getting at. I'm fine with driving in, dishing out for the uncontested three, but in order for that to work, you OCCASIONALLY have to dive in and actually try to score. The Heat are a REALLY good defensive team: jack-up-threes just doesn't work on them.

exactly...And this is where we need a PG who can create good shots for the others, and we need someone who can drive and get fouled...A Magette type player.

I know he's got a big contract and doesn't play much defense but i would want J.Calderon here...the guy is a play maker and we would benefit from it.