Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Presser to announce that Dwight is waiving his ETO (aka opting in...aka he'll be here at least one more year).

Maybe he'll surprise us all and say it's the full-blown extension?!? Who knows.

That would be so "Duarantualistic" I'd probably go a little bat **** crazy....

Jarrod Rudolph on NBATV just said they expect Dwight at the arena between 12:30 and 1.. The guy obviously was up half the night if he made this decision at 3 AM and my guess is he's still asleep.. So ya'll just need to calm down.. He'll sign, and if he doesn't we're prepared to do what has to be done.. I'm really proud of the way the Magic organization has handled this situation

Same.

A few notes that will quickly get swamped under a flurry of additional posts, but this is how I feel:

1) HWNSNBU's an *******. It's one thing to try to get the best business deal for your client, try to get him the best contract, do all those kinds of things you're supposed to do. If this "I'll sign play out the end of my contract, but I'm not actually going to sign anything"-thing was really a ploy so that Dwight could go to NJ and we'd get completely and totally screwed in the process? That is INCREDIBLY jacked up.

2) If Dwight DOESN'T sign, it means he WANTED to screw over the Magic. Not just leave for a better situation in a bigger market, no: he wanted to make sure this team was destroyed in the process and got nothing for the seven years he played here.

3) If Dwight DOES sign: no worries, dude. Glad you've given us seven years and I hope the Magic can do SOMETHING in the offseason to bring in a piece (pieces) that'll kick us over the top (and maybe allow us to beat the effing HAWKS).

If Dwight does sign and gives us another year, I really believe he wants to be in Orlando long-term. This is not the smartest thing to do from a financial/security standpoint, but he obviously really does love Orlando and wants to give us every opportunity to keep him here. Deron Williams will not be waiting for him in NJ next summer and we should have cap room. Its gonna be party time tomorrow night at the Amway Center if this actually happens!

Coward's indecision:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/20262/dwight-howard-the-indecision

"What have you thought about this process?

I have thought lots of things actually, but the most important thing is that whatever I thought, whatever I think, I share it. It's important to me that I make things as confusing and aggravating as possible for the Orlando fan base.

When did you not decide?

I didn't decide this morning. I got up, called Chip Kelly and told him I was on the verge of becoming a Duck, quacked really loudly, hung up, then made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Then I got jelly on my cape. Had to go put on my other cape. Then I checked my voice mail and Stan Van left me a message that was just the sound of his facial hair growing. Then the day just got away from me."

Jarrod Rudolph on NBATV just said they expect Dwight at the arena between 12:30 and 1.. The guy obviously was up half the night if he made this decision at 3 AM and my guess is he's still asleep.. So ya'll just need to calm down.. He'll sign, and if he doesn't we're prepared to do what has to be done.. I'm really proud of the way the Magic organization has handled this situation

Agree 100%. Well said. The Magic were dealt as tough and bizarre a situation as you can go through as a franchise, and they handled it beautifully (particularly the past 48 hours or so.)

watching espn and who the ***** are the 2 clowns talking?? steven a smith n some other *****.

they really dont want dwight to stay in orlando.......jesus....the hate for our team is beyond a joke.

***** espn. stupid fools. tryna say d12 owes EVERYONE a apology. deron williams and the nets etc.....pisss off.

Watching Stephen A Smith say Dwight came out publicly and said he doesn't want to be in Orlando; when exactly did he publicly say that? He did say he wanted a trade, but I don't remember Dwight saying publicly "I want out of Orlando"

Watching Stephen A Smith say Dwight came out publicly and said he doesn't want to be in Orlando; when exactly did he publicly say that? He did say he wanted a trade, but I don't remember Dwight saying publicly "I want out of Orlando"

Isn't that kinda what "I want a trade" would indicate?