Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Still missing the point. You don't need a big city to make big money, but a big city affords you more opportunities to make said money and more when compared to a smaller market. Discount Adrian all you want, for the silly reason that he doesn't support your position, but I bet he knows a lot more about this situation than you and I, two random strangers on the internet.

No, I see the point clearly. What your saying contradicts Brett Farve, Peyton Manning, Calvin Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Tiger Woods, etc, etc, etc, etc. I look at what has been accomplished by people like this, who have never went to a Big City to get where they are at. Yes, they are not NBA basketball players but it doesnt matter. They were all able to become Globally Successful inside "Small Cities".

I dont understand why you put a huge emphasis on bigger cities having more available, when clearly the world is a mouse click away. You dont need LA to be broadcasted in China, you dont need NY to sign a max shoe deal...

"Shaq went to LA to peruse his music and acting career.... yep that helped him alot, I wonder how many grammys or actor guild awards he has received?"

And yes, I will discount Adrian... because I actually talk to the real CEO's, CIO's, CFO's of major companies for my everyday job. Part of that gig is im able to have side conversations about anything to fill up time, and I usually find some great topics to chat about and gain more insight into the world.... This helps me make better decisions long term and be on the look out for special opportunities.

Adrian doesnt have these contacts, my friend.

Rival execs are dubious that a Nets package centered around the injured Brook Lopez and first-round picks will be enough to entice Orlando. In that case, the Nets' bid to get a third team involved will be crucial to their efforts to add the one player who could persuade Deron Williams to embrace the organization and the move to Brooklyn. But with Williams' body language already suffering during the Nets' 1-6 start, observers say to be on the lookout for D-Will to soon lose his will to stay in New Jersey long enough to make it to the New York City boroughs.

"I don't think he feels it there," said a person who knows Williams and his tendencies well. "I could see him saying, 'I've got all the money. I can go back to Dallas. That's my home.' I don't see any spunk in his game right now. He's going through the motions."

This is where the Magic's nightmare scenario intersects with doomsday for the Nets. If the Magic elect not to trade Howard -- thus showing their fan base that they did everything in their power to keep him and he still wouldn't stay -- or trade him somewhere besides New Jersey, the Nets would be sunk. Having given up Derrick Favors, two first-round picks and Devin Harris for Williams, the Nets would be devastated if Williams passed up the money for a chance to return home to Dallas -- something those who know Williams say the headstrong point guard might just be bold enough to do.

Hmmm.

No, I see the point clearly. What your saying contradicts Brett Farve, Peyton Manning, Calvin Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Tiger Woods, etc, etc, etc, etc. I look at what has been accomplished by people like this, who have never went to a Big City to get where they are at. Yes, they are not NBA basketball players but it doesnt matter. They were all able to become Globally Successful inside "Small Cities".

I dont understand why you put a huge emphasis on bigger cities having more available, when clearly the world is a mouse click away. You dont need LA to be broadcasted in China, you dont need NY to sign a max shoe deal...

"Shaq went to LA to peruse his music and acting career.... yep that helped him alot, I wonder how many grammys or actor guild awards he has received?"

And yes, I will discount Adrian... because I actually talk to the real CEO's, CIO's, CFO's of major companies for my everyday job. Part of that gig is im able to have side conversations about anything to fill up time, and I usually find some great topics to chat about and gain more insight into the world.... This helps me make better decisions long term and be on the look out for special opportunities.

Adrian doesnt have these contacts, my friend.

First, Nascar and Golf is very different. Those guys aren't tied to teams that play half their games in a home arena, they are, by nature, part of a traveling show, so "who they play for" doesn't have the same bearing as it does a player that plays for a pro sports team based in a particular city.

Second, no one else you listed "proves" anything other than guys can have great careers and make lots of money in small markets, and again, no one is discounting that. At all. That does nothing to prove that there aren't more opportunities in larger markets. Its absolutely useless to bring up something like that to argue against a point that no one is making in an effort to "prove" your point that isn't the *****ing point you've been arguing to begin with. Nice try though, but this only serves to demonstrate your basic misunderstanding of the topic at hand to begin with.

Again, you keep missing the point. The world being a mouse click away simply means that every global opportunity for Dwight is basically the same regardless of his location. However, and this is the point you keep ignoring, or are just to stubborn to see/admit. The regional and local markets that surround specific Cities vary. The larger the market, the more opportunities, the more money being spent on marketing, due to the larger audience available. Only global companies are going to take advantage of the global market, but local and regional companies are going to focus on their target market, which is not global, and being in a larger market will offer more of those opportunities to guys looking to make more money off of their notoriety. This is a fundamental concept that isn't difficult to understand. Hell, even global brands spend more money based on the market size.

Next, I don't care if you talk to the President of the Argentine Nation, they don't have any bearing on this conversation and it's making you look foolish that you continue to try to validate your opinion based on these "real CEO's, CIO's, CFO's of major companies" that you talk to on a regular basis. You're still wrong in ignoring the basic fact that a larger audience affords more opportunities for a guy like Dwight. It doesn't matter if there are companies moving/relocating from major markets to smaller ones when you look at some basic things like the fact that NY (according to estimates by Nielsen ratings) is comprised of 7.7 million households, while the Orlando-Daytona-Melbourne area (a huge chunk of Central Florida, not just Orlando) contains only 1.4 million households. So, you don't think that maybe, just maybe, there might be more money floating around for marketing opportunities with a much larger built in audience?

And, sorry, my friend, but I'll take Adrian's input over yours any day. What NBA contacts do you have? What NBA players do you have access to, teams, gm's, even other sports writers?

And, sorry, my friend, but I'll take Adrian's input over yours any day. What NBA contacts do you have? What NBA players do you have access to, teams, gm's, even other sports writers?

I skipped most of it because im too tired to repeat myself.

The last sentence was easier to get through and so I will answer to it....

No, I dont have any "relationships" with anyone from or within the NBA and I dont need them to speak for this given situation

However, The NBA is comprised of more than the NBA..... There are many sponsors who have put Millions to be apart of it. And they have some say in what goes on from the stand point that those "Owners" do not want to have to pay those Millions back.

Example:

Q; When you go to the new Amway and walk through the main double doors and look at the wall, what do you see?

A: Disney pastured all over the wall, not NBA players, not GM's, not Sports Writers... You see "Other" companies.

That means that "Other" companies are giving away their income to be advertised in all NBA arena's. Who do you think owns those companies, the same people I talk too. And yes, I have met a few GM's through this process.. nothing great to pass, just small talk.

Example: We were doing a deal with Raymond James Stadium, home of the Buccaneers. While walking through I was introduced to their GM, who happened to pass by. I knew that Detroit and Tampa were going to play within a few weeks, So I asked him how he felt about "My Lions" coming through. He laughed, gave some encouraging words as to the Lions going the right direction and ended the conversation with the Bucc's winning, according to him. Again no personal relationship, but I do encounter small talk with alot of people

At the end of the day, The Papa Johns, Sony's, Eastbay's, Raymond James's and ESPN's have alot of money tied too franchises in local cities. I have never met a CEO or CIO or CFO who likes to lose the money they invested, doesnt matter if its a toaster oven. And the guys who I have talked with, in NY and LA, are trying to find a way out because the economy isnt what it used to be. Its smaller now, meetings are no longer onsite.... they are accomplished over the internet.

Im not a basketball expert and have never said I was, Im just a long time fan who deals with major players because of the business im in. But I will shoot down your theory of Bigger markets having more opportunities than smaller markets all day long.

P.S. - Sorry for hijacking this thread... You guys can continue with the Dwight going everywhere else but Orlando talk.

I skipped most of it because im too tired to repeat myself.

The last sentence was easier to get through and so I will answer to it....

Nice to see you are consistent with ignoring the actual discussion at hand and jumping on the ancillary comments to, once again, completely avoid discussing the actual points being made in favor of rattling on about self important crap that doesn't actually mean anything. I'll give you massive credit with regards to being able to carry on this conversation this long without actually addressing the points being made, instead, you simply keep repeating your same tired crap and anything "new" you being to the conversation has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. That takes talent, I suppose.

You haven't shot down any theory because you haven't actually addressed the points made about larger markets having more opportunities. You've tried, feebly, a couple of times, with anecdotal nonsense, a list of names that "proved your point" but actually showed how badly you miss the points being made, and lots of "look at me, I'm important and I talk to important people, therefore I must be right" nonsense.

When you think you can handle actually addressing the points being offered, let me know, I will be more than happy to carry on with this conversation.

First, Nascar and Golf is very different. Those guys aren't tied to teams that play half their games in a home arena, they are, by nature, part of a traveling show, so "who they play for" doesn't have the same bearing as it does a player that plays for a pro sports team based in a particular city.

Second, no one else you listed "proves" anything other than guys can have great careers and make lots of money in small markets, and again, no one is discounting that. At all. That does nothing to prove that there aren't more opportunities in larger markets. Its absolutely useless to bring up something like that to argue against a point that no one is making in an effort to "prove" your point that isn't the *****ing point you've been arguing to begin with. Nice try though, but this only serves to demonstrate your basic misunderstanding of the topic at hand to begin with.

Again, you keep missing the point. The world being a mouse click away simply means that every global opportunity for Dwight is basically the same regardless of his location. However, and this is the point you keep ignoring, or are just to stubborn to see/admit. The regional and local markets that surround specific Cities vary. The larger the market, the more opportunities, the more money being spent on marketing, due to the larger audience available. Only global companies are going to take advantage of the global market, but local and regional companies are going to focus on their target market, which is not global, and being in a larger market will offer more of those opportunities to guys looking to make more money off of their notoriety. This is a fundamental concept that isn't difficult to understand. Hell, even global brands spend more money based on the market size.

Next, I don't care if you talk to the President of the Argentine Nation, they don't have any bearing on this conversation and it's making you look foolish that you continue to try to validate your opinion based on these "real CEO's, CIO's, CFO's of major companies" that you talk to on a regular basis. You're still wrong in ignoring the basic fact that a larger audience affords more opportunities for a guy like Dwight. It doesn't matter if there are companies moving/relocating from major markets to smaller ones when you look at some basic things like the fact that NY (according to estimates by Nielsen ratings) is comprised of 7.7 million households, while the Orlando-Daytona-Melbourne area (a huge chunk of Central Florida, not just Orlando) contains only 1.4 million households. So, you don't think that maybe, just maybe, there might be more money floating around for marketing opportunities with a much larger built in audience?

Would you 2 get a damn room already..... I've been reading your back and forth all damn day long.............

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Knicks have opened talks about a deal centered around Stat for Howard with Chandler probably having to be involved. How about Howard and BBD for Stat and Chandler??? I would do it in a heartbeat, even if we have to throw in a 2nd round pick.

Knicks have opened talks about a deal centered around Stat for Howard with Chandler probably having to be involved. How about Howard and BBD for Stat and Chandler??? I would do it in a heartbeat, even if we have to throw in a 2nd round pick.

Sweet Natalie Portman, why?