Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

let me give you guys a low down on "sources"

most of these writers, get their info from agents, with agendas, and shoe people. sometimes they talk to executives, but the Magic F.O is rather small and hard to get info out of.

the other way, is teams have agendas themselves and intentionally leak things, such as this for leverage. from the beginning we've all heard Howard flip flops on a regular basis, so for this writer, to try and be definitive just tells me it's BS.

the possibility exists for Dwight to stay, if he didn't want to be here he wouldn't be so mad when we lose

At this point we can't afford to move him, we're third in the east, what good is it to do a deal and get swept in the first round?

with the right matchups we can make it to the ECF. especially if we make a good trade, it's stupid to move Dwight now

THIS!!

I can guarantee you Bergers "source" is either a shoe person, one of the people in dwights camp that WANTS him out, or a Nets guy, simple as that. we've all heard the stories how it's dwights "people" trying to influence him out(because they'll profit)

what does it say, when the mans own parents want him to stay? c

I still think we need to make a move by Thursday one way or another. You either make a deal to convince Dwight to stay or you move him for a rebuilding package. Dwight won't stay with this roster. It doesn't matter if this team as is even went all the way to the ECF (which they won't), he isn't going to sign a long term deal to play with Hedo Turkoglu, Jason Richardson and Jameer Nelson.

I still think we need to make a move by Thursday one way or another. You either make a deal to convince Dwight to stay or you move him for a rebuilding package. Dwight won't stay with this roster. It doesn't matter if this team as is even went all the way to the ECF (which they won't), he isn't going to sign a long term deal to play with Hedo Turkoglu, Jason Richardson and Jameer Nelson.

You can't trade him when you have the 5th best record in the league. if we played indy/philly in the first round, and chicago in the 2nd, i could see us making a run. IMO Rose is amazing, and makes that team look better than it is, much like dwight does for us

Well YBR if you don't mind me asking, you just said they were actively pursuing Ellis, but then you said you would reveal the trade scenario Thursday if no one reports it. Well is Ellis a separate deal or is the deal you know about Monta?

Tonight's big win helps the cause for Dwight staying. I was at the game, and Dwight's demeanor was quite positive. He had great vibes with Q. Rich, Big Baby, Redick, and even Duhon. Smiling, high fiving, looking very happy and comfortable. Dwight needs to see that coach SVG is excellent. This team despite its flaws is actually staring to gel. Meer is regaining his mojo and even Duhon was balling today. SVG kept the faith with these guys despite many of us (including myself) riding off certain players like Meer. But there's a sense of "championship" now with our team, and it doesn't make sense to trade Dwight anymore when this team could be the darkhorse of the East. Not even sure if it's smart to trade for an "Ellis" if we have to lose a Ryno or Redick. Now, would I do it to keep Dwight? There has to be a guarantee there.

A big win vs. the Heat would really help propel Dwight to stay the course in my opinion. Here's hoping we win big vs. the Heatles this Tuesday night.

• Upvote 1

Well YBR if you don't mind me asking, you just said they were actively pursuing Ellis, but then you said you would reveal the trade scenario Thursday if no one reports it. Well is Ellis a separate deal or is the deal you know about Monta?

Maybe it's for somebody else were not even thinking about. I mean we all knew the Magic are pursuing Ellis.

You can't trade him when you have the 5th best record in the league. if we played indy/philly in the first round, and chicago in the 2nd, i could see us making a run. IMO Rose is amazing, and makes that team look better than it is, much like dwight does for us

I don't care about having the 5th best record in the league. The future of this franchise is more important. If we had a legit shot at a ring, I'd be for letting it play out, but this is the same flawed team from last year. No reason to believe there is a deep playoff run in this team. We're a 2nd round exit at best. I have no faith in the old legs of Hedo, J-Rich, Jameer, etc. in the playoffs and when things slow down against a good defensive team, we're going to struggle. Not to mention our awful depth outside of JJ. If you don't think Dwight is going to stay, you have to look at your options. Going all in with the current roster is just pointless and wasting everyone's time.

• Upvote 1

But that's the point. Who would want the players you mentioned? No one would trade an Ellis or a Josh Smith for any of those players. Dwight is better off being patient and waiting this summer when a couple of our players can be expiring. Our best hope could be to swap Hedo for SJax straight out. With the big win without Hedo today, I'm convinced we don't need Hedo as a facilitator because Redick can step up and do the same thing. I'm willing to let QRich flourish at this point. He did great today and played very smart.

What I don't seem to get is that if it's really all about winning for Dwight (which we pretty much know it's not), then why not just sign an extension with the magic thus showing potential players who would want to come play along side the best center in the game, that he is here to stay. With this cloud of insecurity looming over our franchise, there is no free agent or player out there who is gonna be willing to come here to play with him and then he bolts this off season.

If he was more DRose and less LeBron, he would do what's right for "his" team. Certainly additional endorsements and money will come to a guy that's winning championships, regardless of the market he's in.

Just my 2 cents.

Yes I was and still am, when it comes to Dwight staying. Alex Martins has been doing a GREAT job. They're tryna bring him help this week

YaBoyR, you mentioned Ellis, but we all kinda knew that. What we are hoping for is confirmation that there is something more concrete, like there was even interest from Golden State. The papers mentioned they wanted Howard for Ellis.