Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

If we did bring in JR I personally think the Magic would not look for Ellis, unless they are trying to make JR more of an off the bench threat. I believe Orlando would rather turn their attention to Steve Nash (or some other available assist type player say like Hinrich). Or if Arielle is right, dare I say Deron Williams.

I can't imagine NJ letting go of the only reason Dwight would play there. Then again, if Dwight is making noises like he'll stay, NJ might want to get something for him.

Really, NJ is in a similar boat as we are (with a crappier team): they have a great player who wants to play with another great player. Trading that player for someone who isn't the other great player just doesn't make sense.

I am HOPING that Dwight sees the Magic are a piece or two away from being a GREAT team, whereas the Nets are a long ways out - kind of like the Magic five or six seasons ago. Yes, he and Deron would be great together, but so were he and 'Meer: it takes more.

Kind of frustrating: if Dwight had just signed, it would be easy to convince Deron to come aboard.

I can't imagine NJ letting go of the only reason Dwight would play there. Then again, if Dwight is making noises like he'll stay, NJ might want to get something for him.

Really, NJ is in a similar boat as we are (with a crappier team): they have a great player who wants to play with another great player. Trading that player for someone who isn't the other great player just doesn't make sense.

I am HOPING that Dwight sees the Magic are a piece or two away from being a GREAT team, whereas the Nets are a long ways out - kind of like the Magic five or six seasons ago. Yes, he and Deron would be great together, but so were he and 'Meer: it takes more.

Kind of frustrating: if Dwight had just signed, it would be easy to convince Deron to come aboard.

I find it hard to believe that they could get NJ to agree as well, but who know. Both teams will be real desperate come trade deadline time for something. I almost see it as playing chicken. Maybe one or the other will crack. The will's of Dwight and Deron will be the most influencing.

And I still believe that Dwight made the right choice in not resigning, even if his choice was the whole time to stay in Orlando. He can sign for longer and for more money if he waits.

I dont think there is any shot of NJ giving us Deron. If you remember what the little kid Alex Kennedy reported... NJ is mad at us because they thought the Dwight trade for Broken Foot Lopez and Gerald Wallace at the begining of the year was a done deal. Otis like an idiot agreed to that Trash, and then Alex Martin had to slap Otis in the face and vetoed the trade. Then a couple of days later Lopez breaks his foot, and is now destined to the land of 7 footers with foot problems next to Ming, Oden, and Bogut. So NJ is really ticked off about the Magic. So if this new plan of getting JR Smith and then trading for either Nash or Ellis goes through, NJ is going to be screwed since Dwigt will then stay with the Magic. NJ will then know that Deron is going to run to Dallas after this year and NJ gave away Favors and draft picks for nothing. So NJ will have to deal Deron, but no way will it be to the Magic. Just to spite them for not doing the stupid deal at the begining of the season.

If the Nets decide to trade Deron, there is no chance it is here because

1)There are some bad feelings there

2)We don't have the assets. If Deron is on the open market, the Nets can do way better than a package revolving around Ryan Anderson and JJ Redick.

Sign Jr similar attributes to j rich but younger trade jrich duhon to bucks for capt jack! !!

Jameer/ish. Jr/jj/wafer. . Turk/cap jack. Q rich! Ryno/clark. Dwight/davis

Jameer/ish. Jr/jj/wafer. . Turk/cap jack. Q rich! Ryno/clark. Dwight/davis

I'd rather play J Rich at the SF then trade him for Stephen Jackson.. Jason Richardson is a much much better basketball player then Stephen Jackson

I'd rather play J Rich at the SF then trade him for Stephen Jackson.. Jason Richardson is a much much better basketball player then Stephen Jackson

If we get Smith, the plan is then to go hard at Nash and Ellis. Try to snag one of them without trading Anderson. Thats the keep Dwight plan going into effect.

If we get Smith, the plan is then to go hard at Nash and Ellis. Try to snag one of them without trading Anderson. Thats the keep Dwight plan going into effect.

I love the optimism... and I wanna join in too.. but if we get any sort of significant upgrade that Ellis or Nash would resemble, Ryan would have to be in the deal.. Outside of Dwight, the only guys on our team anybody wants are Ryan and JJ, maybe J Rich if he keeps up the solid play

I love the optimism... and I wanna join in too.. but if we get any sort of significant upgrade that Ellis or Nash would resemble, Ryan would have to be in the deal.. Outside of Dwight, the only guys on our team anybody wants are Ryan and JJ, maybe J Rich if he keeps up the solid play

I believe we can make something happen without giving up Ryno. JJ is a high IQ player that teams like. You package him with JRich, thats over 30 per a game right there. There are a whole lot of teams that need shooting guards in the league right now. The Timberwolves, Clippers, Hornets, and Suns just to name a few. In GSW a 6 foot 3 Ellis and a 6 Foot 3 Curry back court is just to small and is not working if you look at their record. Getting JRich and JJ for Ellis might not be that bad for them. Who knows...but this depends on us getting Smith.

JR Smith has been tweeting a lot, a LOT about the Clippers. Even personally tweeting with Clippers fans and even CP3.

Well we will see what happens. Orlando can offer Smith more money then the Clips. So we will see.