Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

I'm still holding out hope for BBD. Most of what he did for the Celtics didn't show up on the stat-sheet and I think that could hold true for us eventually, too.

I also think he'll pay off in the playoffs, but that's just guessing.

Think he's a bit fragile, though, and the boos from the crowd (the HOME crowd) are rattling him.

I think Davis needs some time off to clear his head, he clearly has issues that are costing him on the floor. Not just the personal deaths, but adjusting to a new team while playing bad ball is pretty rough I'm guessing. Not to mention Bass is clearly outplaying him up in Boston, which is why I think he forces shots, he wants to show that we didn't get the short end of that deal.

I'm sure Hasheem Thabeet will eventually be a good signing too.

Big Baby is literally one of the worst players in the league, I'm surprised he outshat Toney Douglas quite frankly. What has he shown that makes you think he'll magically become even a decent bench player?

He hustles, plays hard, and was a decent role player for Boston. Adapting to a new team and dealing with some personal issues gains a bit of leeway in my book. I think Stan can really help him develop and play smarter (taking better shots which will increase his fg%) while keeping his intensity and turn him into an effective role player.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Last night's game should be thrown out even though I was highly critical. Knowing what we know now I am surprised he even played. Really he just needs to slow down mentally and adapt his game. He does some good things but he is so bad offensively. Hopefully more familiarity with the guys around him will help him get better in that area.

He hustles, plays hard, and was a decent role player for Boston. Adapting to a new team and dealing with some personal issues gains a bit of leeway in my book. I think Stan can really help him develop and play smarter (taking better shots which will increase his fg%) while keeping his intensity and turn him into an effective role player.

I agree. BBD is still adjusting to a new team ... with no off-season program ... and with the major distraction and drama of Dwight. I am not going to write him off yet.

Last night's game should be thrown out even though I was highly critical. Knowing what we know now I am surprised he even played. Really he just needs to slow down mentally and adapt his game. He does some good things but he is so bad offensively. Hopefully more familiarity with the guys around him will help him get better in that area.

Forgive my ignorance, but what do "we know?" I've been out of town for a few days.

I think your right, no one has been able to come into an SVG system and mastered it within one year. It took Turk-Nelson-Dwight a couple to get it down to the point where its reading and reaction. You can look at past players who we picked up offseason and traded for mid season and see how well they did and or didnt, and for the most part all of those players didnt fair well. Examples would include VC, Alston, Barnes, Bass, etc.

So its no shock to see Glen struggle right now. You can see it in his play and where his spacing is, he is still used to the Boston system... now he is trying to adjust to the Orlando system. Glen will come around, its going to take time.

With other issues coming into play, we all need to take a step back.... including myself.

Erik Barnett: "Sorry Glen for bashing on ya big fella, im pulling for you to get better through this"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Forgive my ignorance, but what do "we know?" I've been out of town for a few days.

Magic forward Glen “Big Baby” Davis, who lost his grandmother and was later suspended for two games this season for an emotional outburst, is morning the death of his estranged father.

Davis, emotional all day Monday, was booed by fans after missing nine of 10 shots.

“There’s some things going on I’m not going to talk about,” coach Stan Van Gundy said, when asked about Davis’ 1-for-10 night.

“Some things going on are personal. He gave us those minutes…pretty good for what’s going on.”

Van Gundy asked for people to “give him a break…in this case he deserves people to back off of him.”

• Upvote 1

No problem I didn't know until the morning. His biological father passed away yesterday in Louisiana and no one knew until after the game when I think Stan told the press.

I also think his grandmother passed away a few weeks ago so it is understandable.

For the record, I think Big Baby will improve. I mean, he can't be any worse than he is now. His shooting percentage is hideous, especially considering he is a forward. He is shooting at near Gilbertian levels. But I do not believe he will ever justify the contract Otis gave him, I've been kind of sour on the move from day one. It just didn't make sense for us, in the position we are in, to be handing out long term deals to players who aren't serious upgrades from what we already had.

I hope he improves, and I hope fans lay off him. Not sure why they boo him and not Duhon. At least Big Baby plays hard on defense, Duhon is pretty much worthelss outside of an occasional WIDE open three. But I think a lot of Magic fans never really liked him, he was an annoying player for an arch rival, plus he hit a game winner in the playoffs at the old Amway and ran over a little kid.

For the record, I think Big Baby will improve. I mean, he can't be any worse than he is now. His shooting percentage is hideous, especially considering he is a forward. He is shooting at near Gilbertian levels. But I do not believe he will ever justify the contract Otis gave him, I've been kind of sour on the move from day one. It just didn't make sense for us, in the position we are in, to be handing out long term deals to players who aren't serious upgrades from what we already had.

I hope he improves, and I hope fans lay off him. Not sure why they boo him and not Duhon. At least Big Baby plays hard on defense, Duhon is pretty much worthelss outside of an occasional WIDE open three. But I think a lot of Magic fans never really liked him, he was an annoying player for an arch rival, plus he hit a game winner in the playoffs at the old Amway and ran over a little kid.

Duhon's been better this year. He's just not a spark, flashy, or puts up numbers really anywhere. He's pure vanilla.