Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Very true but outside of Thabo OKC doesn't have another wing defender. I think that's our problem here we have to many similar players. J.r Smith would be huge for this team in the aspect that we get a guy that can get to the cup (wafer is not that good Imo)

JR Smith is a dynamic scorer, but provides no perimeter defense. I know we have been experiencing scoring droughts recently but I still believe our two biggest needs are perimeter defense and frontcourt athleticism. The offense will produce better with improved pg play-which Nelson is capable of.

Here's an Update!!

ESPN has gone completely nuts!!!

First of all on Sportscenter some dude who was a GM, but got fired cuz he sux says the Magic should trade Dwight to GSW for Ellis, Udoh, and David Lee. Not sure what the does but makes us a 7th seed in the east for the next 5 years. Here is the video below:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7570934

Then ESPN comes out with their once a week crazy Dwight Trade Machine article. Where dumb trades from helen keller land pop up. Like trading Dwight to the Bulls for just Noah, Watson, and Gibson. What does that do for the Magic besides give Dwight, Deng, Boozer, and Rose about 6 NBA Championships? Im not sure...since we will still have Hedo and Dudu's contract roting for the next 2 years. See the barf for yourself:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7569641/nba-how-orlando-magic-win-dwight-howard-trade

Here's an Update!!

ESPN has gone completely nuts!!!

First of all on Sportscenter some dude who was a GM, but got fired cuz he sux says the Magic should trade Dwight to GSW for Ellis, Udoh, and David Lee. Not sure what the does but makes us a 7th seed in the east for the next 5 years. Here is the video below:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7570934

Then ESPN comes out with their once a week crazy Dwight Trade Machine article. Where dumb trades from helen keller land pop up. Like trading Dwight to the Bulls for just Noah, Watson, and Gibson. What does that do for the Magic besides give Dwight, Deng, Boozer, and Rose about 6 NBA Championships? Im not sure...since we will still have Hedo and Dudu's contract roting for the next 2 years. See the barf for yourself:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7569641/nba-how-orlando-magic-win-dwight-howard-trade

That second article gives us viable options, though. The trade with Chicago if Deng is included and we lose Hedo or the Lakers trade, in my opinion, are worth consideration. The 3-way deal that gets us Bynum and Kevin Martin is somewhat appealing. The Bulls trade gets us younger and gives us a pick. Even the Nets trade gives us youth a lots of pieces with potential. The young pieces from New Jersey under SVG could be promising.

The Golden State idea is awful. Ellis would be worthless to us without Dwight, Lee is overpaid and Udoh just flat out sucks.

I've grown on the Nets' offer of Lopez/Brooks/Humphries/Okur/picks for Dwight/Hedo/Duhon. I wish we could throw Big Baby into there somehow too.

The Golden State idea is awful. Ellis would be worthless to us without Dwight, Lee is overpaid and Udoh just flat out sucks.

I've grown on the Nets' offer of Lopez/Brooks/Humphries/Okur/picks for Dwight/Hedo/Duhon. I wish we could throw Big Baby into there somehow too.

Yes, the Nets trade is growing on me too, especially if it gets rid of our bad contracts, and it's not helping Chicago become the "super team". I think NJ will improve dramatically with Dwight, of course, but they are a couple pieces away from true contention. A Howard to Chicago trade would basically be handing them the trophy for the next 3-4 years.

Yes, the Nets trade is growing on me too, especially if it gets rid of our bad contracts, and it's not helping Chicago become the "super team". I think NJ will improve dramatically with Dwight, of course, but they are a couple pieces away from true contention. A Howard to Chicago trade would basically be handing them the trophy for the next 3-4 years.

Nets trade sux real bad. Dont want otis to give Brooken Foot Lopez 14 million dollars a year.

If we had to trade dwight..and i would rather keep dwight. But if we had to. I would trade him to LA for Bynum and Gasol in a 3 way trade. I would then sell Gasol off to the highest bidder. If we could get Rondo, or Jennings, or Ellis and players for Gasol...I would be very Happy. We would then have a young trio of Bynum-Anderson-and one of the 3 I mentioned above.

Nets trade sux real bad. Dont want otis to give Brooken Foot Lopez 14 million dollars a year.

If we had to trade dwight..and i would rather keep dwight. But if we had to. I would trade him to LA for Bynum and Gasol in a 3 way trade. I would then sell Gasol off to the highest bidder. If we could get Rondo, or Jennings, or Ellis and players for Gasol...I would be very Happy. We would then have a young trio of Bynum-Anderson-and one of the 3 I mentioned above.

Lopez we wouldn't resign. Just trade for the sake of trading, and we don't resign him. The intrigue is since they are so bad this year, we can grab their pick for this year (if they have one). A lot of bonafide stars in this year's draft.

I agree that the Lakers trade is intriguing too. At least we pick up Bynum AND Martin. 2 semi stars for 1 mega star.

Lopez we wouldn't resign. Just trade for the sake of trading, and we don't resign him. The intrigue is since they are so bad this year, we can grab their pick for this year (if they have one). A lot of bonafide stars in this year's draft.

I agree that the Lakers trade is intriguing too. At least we pick up Bynum AND Martin. 2 semi stars for 1 mega star.

If we lose Dwight, there's no reason to pick up anyone with any sort of a long-term contract. Pick up a bunch of picks and people with one year left on their contract, trade off our long contracts, blow off payroll in the offseason, and pray we have a good draft.

The last thing we want is more bad contracts that lock us down for another few years.

If we could throw Big Baby into the deal and get back the same haul from New Jersey, I'd be thrilled honestly. We'd dump the three worst contracts on our team for expirings, cap space and draft picks. I'm not a Brook Lopez fan, but he could be moved, even after being re-signed. This would at least give us options going forward. Plus, I really like MarShon Brooks.

I'd prefer Bynum, but there isn't a package with the Lakers that can get us the cap space, youth and picks we need. Plus Dwight seems to really want to be in Brooklyn with D-Will next year. I'm sure he is open to Dallas and LA, but as of now it seems his heart is set on playing with Deron in Brooklyn.