Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Dwight has called his teammates out publicly both directly (I told them at half-time, etc) and indirectly (Boston is made up of this kind of a player and team, etc) over and over again. He should simply say "no comment" like a professional when the media is leading him, but he doesn't. Practically every leading NBA writer has called out Dwight's hypocrisy in this respect (e.g. Woj, Berger, etc).

he had every right to call his teammates out after that poor showing. Of course you're going to counter "Dwight's not the leader" but he is whether you like it or not.

Adrian Wojnarowski? yea, there is a guy who has no axe to grind...He's made his career hating on lebron.

sigh, this is futile, most of you want the guy out. Like I said earlier, i'm going to cherish these last possible moments with Dwight.

• Downvote 5

he had every right to call his teammates out after that poor showing. Of course you're going to counter "Dwight's not the leader" but he is whether you like it or not.

Adrian Wojnarowski? yea, there is a guy who has no axe to grind...He's made his career hating on lebron.

sigh, this is futile, most of you want the guy out. Like I said earlier, i'm going to cherish these last possible moments with Dwight.

You are wrong to make this assumption. I want the guy in, IB. I've said again and again this team lacks the personnel to compete, thanks to Otis. So Dwight and I agree. However, I disagree with how Dwight handles his frustrations. In any other profession he would be held accountable and disciplined for his public words about joining opposing teams (companies) while under contract. Dwight and you don't seem to get that part.

Some people on here actually thought Orlando had a shot of keeping him here..LOL.

The heart wants what the heart wants. Who cares about winning? He went to the finals and is young enough that a rebuild, if done correctly, would be complete when he's still in his prime. Who cares about being loved? If he would've won ONE championship here they would erect statues in his honor and maternity wards all over central Florida would have 'Dwight' as the most popular baby names. Who cares about money? Magic can offer him the most money, and across all sports, if you're a winner and have the charisma endorsements will come.

Trade him, sink to the lottery, hope that your ball is the last one called, clear up cap space, and contend once the rebuilding job is done.

it's time to blow it up, pass the dynamite

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

My only comment right now is about the booing at the Boston game last Thursday.... If you ever blow that big of a lead.. in any sport... on your home floor.... you're gonna hear some boos, especially if it's to a hated rival like the Celtics..

Some people on here actually thought Orlando had a shot of keeping him here..LOL.

The heart wants what the heart wants. Who cares about winning? He went to the finals and is young enough that a rebuild, if done correctly, would be complete when he's still in his prime. Who cares about being loved? If he would've won ONE championship here they would erect statues in his honor and maternity wards all over central Florida would have 'Dwight' as the most popular baby names. Who cares about money? Magic can offer him the most money, and across all sports, if you're a winner and have the charisma endorsements will come.

Trade him, sink to the lottery, hope that your ball is the last one called, clear up cap space, and contend once the rebuilding job is done.

it's time to blow it up, pass the dynamite

Agreed. Upvote good sir.

Otis has to have a proper sit down with dwight immediately and discuss in detail if there are any chances of him staying with the magic. If there are certain players he wants that we can realistically get, or have to reach a certain stage of the playoffs. If there are and we can get them it has to be on the condition that he signs an extension or at least be aware how far in the playoffs we would have to reach for him to stay a while longer. Whatever conditions they are Otis needs to quickly asses the risk. If the answer is no chance or almost impossible to meet we should trade him immediately but if there is a decent chance of meeting his conditions then dont trade him and take the risk.

I am of the opinion of letting him walk and loose out on the 30 mil and rebuild like we have done before but then i think it would be alot easier if we had a foundation through trading dwight. Dwights tradeble value is only matched by lebron. We will never get equal value for him or close to it. You look at the deal denver done with carmelo and think they were better off in that deal but i bet you if you ask them they would take carmelo back in a second. As good as they are they will not win a championship without a superstar especially in this era. Thats how valuable superstars are and dwights at the top end. If we are going to build it has to be through the draft system and hope to get another shaq, dwight otherwise we will be like denver with no hope of winning a title. The ultimate goal is to win a championship there is no point in being a good team with no title hopes. I would trade dwight in a way that i can get top ten draft picks and if possible top five picks. To do this is to trade him for good players and then hopefully trade them to the charlottes and new orleans for their first round picks and increase the chance of landing top five picks.

Possible trades could be

-Dwight,Anderson and Hedo for Bynum, Gasol and maybe ebanks. then trade pau and bynum to the lower teams and get their first round picks. Pretty sure washington would give theirs for either one.

-Dwight,Anderson,Duhon for Griffin,Jordan and mo williams. Then trade Blake to a lower team and pretty sure the hornets would easily trade as it would be easy to sell a team with a flashy player like griffin. I would then offer blake for 1st and eric gordon who is still young. I would trade blake cause i dont see him as a player that will be good enough to bring a championship.

The reason i want it done immediately is because the draft this year is very strong and if we traded dwight now and with my scenarios above we will definately finish at the bottom and have very good picks.

LOL are you serious bro?

Team was playing very well, ONE BAD GAME, Dwight throws his entire team under the bus.

ONE GAME IN A CONDENSED SEASON.

He knew he was looking like an idiot when we were winning, he took the opportunity to throw his team under the bus, the first chance he had, he's an egotistical douche in my book!

If I'm not mistaken, Dallas will have enough cap to sign both Howard and Williams as FA. Add Dirk, Marion maybe Terry...they would have a better team than us.

If Dwight decides to stay in the O, the leverage would come our way. If #12 opts in that last year, the books in 13-14 are wide open. Turk making 12m with his player option. Big Baby, J-Rich and Duhon combine for 16m and Q for 3m on a player opt. Thats not including Ryno and Reddick though.

1328429520[/url]' post='660276']

Jarrod has a new article on RealGM discussing why Lakers are now out of the race:

http://basketball.re...f_Dwight_Howard

That sounds like something Kobe would say but since it's coming from Jarrod Rudolph (who continues to be wrong) I don't believe it. I would believe it if Broussard reported it.