Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

our future wing boys:

Representatives for Portland Trail Blazers forward Nicolas Batum, met with Blazers' management in San Antonio on Friday.

A source close to the negotiations said the Blazers made a “low-ball offer” to Nicolas Batum and that sides are “very far apart" and "no progress was made."

Bouna Ndiaye, Batum's agent, said that the sides would meet Friday for their second negotiation session and would be back at it for their third session after the Blazers' 6-game road trip.

However, the same source has said things have changed and that Batum's camp will not request another meeting if the Blazers don't move up from their number by Jan. 23.

Orlando general manager Otis Smith reiterated this week that he has given Howard's representative free rein to discuss potential deals with Dallas, New Jersey and the Lakers. Agent Dan HWNSNBU made it clear to Sports Illustrated that Howard has no interest in playing for Golden State.

And, on his way out of town late Thursday night, Howard said "no thanks" to a return to the Bay Area. He said he appreciated the energy of the Oracle Arena crowd, but he didn't see himself playing in a Warriors uniform in a week or even in five years.

Legler doesn't have sources, he's speculating

I believe you.

But looking at Los Angeles periodicals, seems a Dwight Howard trade has really died down over there. Here's the LA Times article published today. No mention of Lakers still looking into Dwight or even anything related to Dwight at all:

LOS ANGELES -- It has been a month since Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak told reporters the team was still "pursuing big deals" in the aftermath of the vetoed Chris Paul trade that resulted in Lamar Odom ultimately being shipped to Dallas as a consequence.

Things have died down since then.

"We're in a different time frame right now," Kupchak told ESPNLosAngeles.com before the Lakers hosted the Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday. "You're talking about a period of time when there was free agency and everybody was scrambling to put together their rosters and sign players and deal with the issues that were out there. We're into the season now, so generally speaking, when you're into the season things slow down and people typically want to see how their team looks. So, without being specific, that's where we are."

"We don't expect to sign anybody any time soon," Kupchak said.

Now the top priority taking up his time is preparing for the 2012 NBA draft. The Lakers will have two first-round picks this June after receiving Dallas' first-round selection as a part of the Odom trade.

Kupchak recently returned from a scouting trip to the East coast where he saw five games in five nights, mostly featuring teams in the Big East conference.

"It's the only way to do it," Kupchak said.

On Saturday he will attend Loyola Marymount's home game against Gonzaga and follow the Lakers' game against the Los Angeles Clippers on his cell phone. Some days, when a top prospect is playing against San Diego State or the University of San Diego, Kupchak will come into the office in El Segundo, stay until 2 p.m., drive down to San Diego to catch the game and then drive back up to Los Angeles after the game has ended.

He also regularly scouts players at UCLA and USC home games.

Kupchak said he has several more trips planned, including one in the Southeast to catch prospects playing in the ACC and the SEC as well as a trip to Europe to scope out foreign talent.

All of the extra scouting duties fell into Kupchak's lap this season in part because the Lakers laid off a cadre of employees during the lockout.

Were the Lakers offering their TWO 1st round picks with Bynum earlier last month? That seems much better than Foot Lopez and 2 1st round picks from the Nets.

The Nets picks would've gone down in value once we traded Dwight there since they'll start winning more games. Pick may end up 25-30 after Dwight brings the Nets back into playoff contention.

But the LA picks has no consequence since the picks are owned by Dallas, so even if Dwight wins more games for LA, as long as Dallas is playing like crap the draft picks will have a good value between the 20-25 range.

I wanted to start a new thread for this but I realise everything Dwight seems to go in here.. Anyway, can someone answer me this, what does Dwight gain from going to New Jersey Nets? Is he not better off at Orlando, I mean surely his chance of winning anything are better where he is?

I wanted to start a new thread for this but I realise everything Dwight seems to go in here.. Anyway, can someone answer me this, what does Dwight gain from going to New Jersey Nets? Is he not better off at Orlando, I mean surely his chance of winning anything are better where he is?

Lifestyle off of the basketball court.

Man I was just reading through some of my old tweets about the whole CP3 situation back in 2010. It really sounded like we were going to get him, now we are in the same situation as NO was. Scary how big of a difference a year makes...

And ^^^ He gets a bigger market, and the POTENTIAL to have a better team. But if we trade him there then we clean them out and they can't really add anyone for at least a year and have NOTHING outside of Dwight+D-Will. They won't be better than the Magic with Dwight in the long run imo. Especially because we have cap space in 2013 to get Dwight basically whoever he wants. We could even get CP3 if he wasn't feeling the Clippers or D-Will if he also opted in. Dwight's reasons aren't about winning, they are about marketing. That goes for himself and just the Magic as a whole. Dwight wants his face everywhere.

Ah ok, so what does that entail ? I really don't get it, can't Magic just hire him a few strippers or something to keep him happy!

Nightlife, marketing, etc. Just the star treatment in New York in general