Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Of all the times I've bashed Jameer, I am going to ask for his forgiveness. I love you, Jameer Nelson. At least you always wanted to play your heart out for Orlando. I'd rather keep him than Dwight Howard at this point. As a loyal Magic fan I feel betrayed NOT by the organization, but by Dwight. I wish him well. At the end, I respect his decision. But I'm a Magic fan to the end. Will ride out this season, and I'll be rooting for a miracle win every night!

• Upvote 2

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgaDL0qhb_e_CG46VpAK3pG8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_dwight_howard_magic_nets_trade_031312

“Dwight’s gone, and [Magic CEO] Alex Martins is the only person who doesn’t believe that,” a league source with knowledge of Howard’s intentions told Yahoo! Sports.

"Martins has improved the franchise’s relationship with Howard, multiple sources told Yahoo! Sports. But as one source talking to Martins and Howard said: “That’s great, but [Dwight’s] still going to leave.”

Said another official, who has been involved in deal talks with Orlando, New Jersey and the agents in the process: “Dwight is going to [expletive] them, and that will be especially true if he doesn’t even ask for the sign-and-trade on July 1, because he wants Brooklyn to keep assets.”

Why would Howard push for a trade now? So the Nets have to give up Brook Lopez and draft picks? For Howard, he can finish the season with the Magic, make the playoffs and leave on July 1 for a contract with the Nets, who can offer him a four-year, $81 million deal – about $28 million less than what the Magic can give him in a fifth year. Adidas wants him in a major market – New York or Los Angeles – and this scenario promises him the highest possible value on his upcoming renegotiation on his shoe deal.

It's not as surprising now since Broussard and Legler have been saying in the last 2 weeks, what Woj just wrote about today.

At this point, what other team would want to trade for Dwight? When they know it's just going to be a rental. No one is going to gut their team now. This kind of news ruins his trade value.

lol well when he does go to crooklyn hopefully ybr can pipe with lopez next

hey ybfraud ask him about why hey wont let his fro grow out like his brother?

Shut up.

Because no matter how well we do in the regular season we are not advancing past the 2nd round with this team.

And trading him changes this.... how?

Trading Dwight is a cop out and a huge admission of FO failure. If they trade Dwight they should clean house internally.

Because no matter how well we do in the regular season we are not advancing past the 2nd round with this team.

What if you get Chandler AND Melo for D12. I think this squad plus Melo and Chandler would go far...