Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

YBR, here's the problem. Dwight is acting in a classless, disrespectful manner every time he talks to the media about playing somewhere else. So to say Orlando is his "home" court is a joke at this point, given his comments. He's not only hurt the Magic, he's also hurt his own image. I believe the best thing he could for all parties is to apologize right now, with all sincerity, for letting his youth and emotions dictate his words at times. And then he should simply shut up publicly. I doubt he'd have the courage to act with such humility, because I'm not sure he even has that much humility anymore.

Did Kobe apologize in 2007??

you're really making a bigger issue out of it than it really is. Players get asked all the time "what do you think of x player or how would you like to play in y city" he's just answering the question honestly like anyone would. I mean, what do you expect him to say? "Naaaaa D-Rose sucks Chicago sucks" or "Boston is bunch of old geezers" or whatever. You don't need to over-analyze it; you're looking for something that isn't there.

I would agree with you if Dwight said something like "Yea I'd love to play in Chicago b/c it's a big market and Orlando is small and the fans are old or bla bla bla" but he never said anything to that effect.

No comment would be the best thing to say. Don't be naive, you know exactly what Dwight is doing.

• Upvote 2

No comment would be the best thing to say. Don't be naive, you know exactly what Dwight is doing.

Just think how awkward that would be:

Reporter: what do you think of derrick rose?

D12: NO comment

Reporter: what do you think of chicago?

D12: No comment.

Reporter: what do you think of bulls organization?

If anything, that would be more suspicious than saying a compliment.

I bet I could find quotes similar to what he said this season about other teams in previous seasons. It's really nothing, but only b/c of the trade request is that kind of news relevant.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Just think how awkward that would be:

Reporter: what do you think of derrick rose?

Reporter: what do you think of chicago?

D12: No comment.

Reporter: what do you think of bulls organization?

If anything, that would be more suspicious than saying a compliment.

I bet I could find quotes similar to what he said this season about other teams in previous seasons. It's really nothing, but only b/c of the trade request is that kind of news relevant.

He could simply say I'm focused on being the best player and teammate I can be for the Orlando Magic and I'm not going to discuss my future at this time...end of story. Nothing awkward about that

He could simply say I'm focused on being the best player and teammate I can for the Orlando Magic and I'm not going to discuss my future at this time...end of story. Nothing awkward about that

except that doesn't answer the question "what do you think of derrick rose" LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Dwight brought the boo's upon himself.

first sign of trouble, throws whole team under the bus.

constantly talking about other teams he'd want to play for, or players he'd wanna play with.

I'd love for things to work out, but let's be realistic, the bridges are burning, he's destroying his goodwill here and getting bad advice

Led all star voting in ORL, one of the highest paid athletes in the world, in ORL. Not enough for him.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Did Kobe apologize in 2007??

He was boo'ed to.

Also Kobe has NEVERRRR tried to present the image Dwight does.

Everyone knows Kobe is a great player, but also has a giant ego, with basketball and only cares about winning, it's admirable to some extent

Dwight has tried to market himself w/his personality, the opposite of Kobe.

Dwight doesn't look like he has fun anymore.

Obviously I meant when he's being asked specifically about playing in a particular city, or with a particular player, he should probably take the high road. The series of questions you listed aren't the kind that have been causing him to put his foot in his mouth. For example, if he's asked what he thinks of the weather he should feel free to answer...as long as he doesn't say he likes said weather better than Orlando's weather. :)

you're really making a bigger issue out of it than it really is. Players get asked all the time "what do you think of x player or how would you like to play in y city" he's just answering the question honestly like anyone would. I mean, what do you expect him to say? "Naaaaa D-Rose sucks Chicago sucks" or "Boston is bunch of old geezers" or whatever. You don't need to over-analyze it; you're looking for something that isn't there.

I would agree with you if Dwight said something like "Yea I'd love to play in Chicago b/c it's a big market and Orlando is small and the fans are old or bla bla bla" but he never said anything to that effect.

Dwight has called his teammates out publicly both directly (I told them at half-time, etc) and indirectly (Boston is made up of this kind of a player and team, etc) over and over again. He should simply say "no comment" like a professional when the media is leading him, but he doesn't. Practically every leading NBA writer has called out Dwight's hypocrisy in this respect (e.g. Woj, Berger, etc).

• Upvote 1

Its not like this is the first time a superstar has dealt with this situation. Wade handled it with the utmost class. Even Lebron handled it better than Dwight at this point.

I think he should shut the ***** up and play. He doesn't have to respond to the questions. I think he'd be better served by simply stating "next question".

• Upvote 1

Its not his job to give his opinion on Derrick Rose.