AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Pulse Check... who Died?

Any news yet?

Baumann said Dwight and Otis are still meeting. I take the long meeting as a good sign. Maybe they are discussing which moves they need to make rather than which teams Dwight wants to be traded to.

Maybe they are discussing which moves they need to make rather than which teams Dwight wants to be traded to.

I like the way your mind works.

Thats great news, that does mean the future is being discussed and the way forward.

Cant wait until it becomes official.... finally move on to other business.. like the execution of that plan.

Baumann said Dwight and Otis are still meeting. I take the long meeting as a good sign. Maybe they are discussing which moves they need to make rather than which teams Dwight wants to be traded to.

Agreed. You'd think that if Dwight said he's gone no matter what, it would have been a pretty short meeting.

Agreed. You'd think that if Dwight said he's gone no matter what, it would have been a pretty short meeting.

Disagree, I feel like it would be a long discussion either way. Obviously through I imagine they are going over every situation, good or bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ZachMcCann Zach McCann

Dwight won't tell Magic to trade him. He's a non-confrontational guy who's ultra-conscious of his public image.

No but I'm sure his agent would, which I assume he is probably in the meeting.

ZachMcCann Zach McCann

Dwight won't tell Magic to trade him. He's a non-confrontational guy who's ultra-conscious of his public image.

I'd believe that in a heartbeat. Irony is though, the public at large would probably have more respect for him if he just came out and said. "I love Orlando, but if they can't add another All-Star in the lineup with me then I will not stay here next year, and it would probably be best for all parties if they pursued a trade." Or something along those lines. I know I would not be happy, but I'd have far more respect for Dwight if he just came out and said that.

Although, I say that like it's easy. If Dwight truly feels like he loves Orlando but feels that it wont work out here, and knowing how concious he is of trying to not be offensive to people, he probably feels like that isn't an option.

Disagree, I feel like it would be a long discussion either way. Obviously through I imagine they are going over every situation, good or bad.

Either way, we're all just left to speculate at this point. Hopefully, Otis will be able to pull off a miracle, maybe even with Dwight helping him recruit, and get someone here to Dwight's liking to keep him in Orlando.