AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Revisionist history is always entertaining. I like it when people claim there was no incentive on Otis' part to pull the trigger on those trades, when half the fan base and all of sports media were talking non-stop about how the team was growing old, stagnant, and on the verge of imploding.

To most bitter fans, YOU asked for this. I admit, I tried to find numerous ways to justify the deal because I felt the team was becoming increasingly stale, but I didn't stray away from the fact that I was wrong about said trades. As if your retrospective, couch-management insights hold any real weight against a professional manager's. It amazes me every time.

oh, no doubt. I remember I was pissed when I heard the first arenas rumors around the end of november. I tried to justify it after the fact because I knew trades had to be made to stay competitive.

Shouldn't Otis call Billy King and tell him he wants Nene in any trade for Dwight so Billy King overpays and then change his phone number and block Billy King from his Facebook friend list.

Otis Smith evil genius is back.

I admit that I tried to put a positive spin on the trades. I never really liked the idea of acquiring Gilbert on that contract, but I thought he could be a Jamal Crawford like 6th man. I knew he was playing pretty poorly, but I didn't imagine him playing THAT bad in Orlando. It was just horrendous.

The Phoenix deal excited me. I really thought J-Rich was an upgrade from Vince. But I was wrong. Vince was without a doubt better than J-Rich, which is too bad. J-Rich was the most disappointing part of the deal because I was expecting him to come in and score 17/18 ppg and shoot the three lights out. I wasn't thrilled about Hedo, but thought that if anyone could anything out of Hedo, it is clearly SVG. It looked that way at first, Hedo looked like the same guy who left here, he had 17 assists against the Mavs, put out a triple double against Golden State. He just fell apart and was playing on a Gilbert level in the playoffs.

In hindsight, trading Vince and Gortat were really bad moves. They were two big trade assets. Vince because he had a team option that pretty much made his deal expiring and Gortat for being a good young big with upside. But whats done is done. I understand why Otis made those moves. Lewis and Carter looked flat and people thought we were falling out of the championship hunt. Unfortunatly, our trades just made everything worse.

His account probably got hacked.

Why? People can't be gay now, and it's "hacked account"?

Based off strict demographic issues, the likely scenario is that there are at least close to one entire team's worth of homosexuals in the NBA.

I don't know if Von Wafer is gay or not, but if he was, it's incredibly unlikely that he'd be alone in that.

"Just sayin'"

Excuse me, but you're not permitted to use that phrase. Unless of course, you can provide your authorized "Midget point-guard hating" license along with a written account of you professing your love for the Kentucky Wildcats. As of now, I'll let you off with a warning.

Thank you, and have a nice day.