AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

From Courtney Lee:

Watching from afar but with insight from his time in Orlando, Rockets guard Courtney Lee understood the frustration that Magic center Dwight Howard has had since the breakup of their Finals team. Howard has asked for a trade, though he later said there are conditions in which he would be open to remaining in Orlando, including greater say in roster moves. "I know from my experience talking with him he was very frustrated about it when I left," Lee said. "Not being involved and not having a say-so with the organization, he felt a little let down." Houston Chronicle

• Upvote 1

I know that this has already been posted, but because I still see a few people who are very optimistic it's time for us all to face reality. I dont want to though lol.

Source: Howard ‘Not a Happy Camper’

By HOOPSWORLD<BR nodeIndex="2">(Dwight) Howard told teammates on Tuesday that he thought the trade to the Nets was a “done deal,” a league source told Y! Sports. Twenty-four hours later on Wednesday, Howard told them that he was under the impression that “ownership killed it,” the source said.Howard has warned the Magic if they don’t move him by the March 15 trade deadline, they’ll lose him for nothing in free agency. Howard told the Magic again on Tuesday that he wanted a trade, a league source said.

“Dwight’s not a happy camper,” one league source told Y! Sports.

I dont like reality, so there for.... I dont have to face it....

By the way, is it physically possible to face reality? - Pointless question on a pointless post

If we lose Dwight, I'm shifting blame to ownership. It seems like RDV, etal want "good people" rather than "good basketball players." It's hurt this team since '89. Any time there was anyone with a lick of fire in them, they got shipped off shortly after.

Sorry, but winning a championship usually requires a cold-hearted dickhead that's willing to do anything to win. RDV needs to sell the Magic to someone that actually cares about and understands basketball.

The one common denominator throughout the last two decades has been ownership, not Otis.

Listen, if any of you folks who are on this board suffer from any kind of depression.... I would suggest stop reading these threads for the next 3 weeks... You might end up jumping off some bad information.

If we lose Dwight, I'm shifting blame to ownership. It seems like RDV, etal want "good people" rather than "good basketball players." It's hurt this team since '89. Any time there was anyone with a lick of fire in them, they got shipped off shortly after.

Sorry, but winning a championship usually requires a cold-hearted dickhead that's willing to do anything to win. RDV needs to sell the Magic to someone that actually cares about and understands basketball.

The one common denominator throughout the last two decades has been ownership, not Otis.

it's because we have a really good coach, one that the FO believes can get the most out of his players. So really, we need good players but we also need players that aren't distractions or complete knuckleheads, and are willing to learn. At least, this is the current makeup.

I can't say about past coaches. We also didn't have quality players before dwight.

I dont see the point of having such a 3 SG combo, in Richardson, JJ and Von Wafer. Maybe one of them will be the primary ballhandler off the bench? And that will leave Duhon doing what? Turk will stop being point forward?

Really not seeing how many minutes can JJ and Von get. Otis decision to resign Richardson seems to be awful (except if it is for trade bait)

Listen, if any of you folks who are on this board suffer from any kind of depression.... I would suggest stop reading these threads for the next 3 weeks... You might end up jumping off some bad information.

Good advice: it's Shaq all over again. And welcome to being a fan of the Magic! Get used to depression.

Hopefully, Dwight will stay until the end of the season and we can go through this next year.

I dont see the point of having such a 3 SG combo, in Richardson, JJ and Von Wafer. Maybe one of them will be the primary ballhandler off the bench? And that will leave Duhon doing what? Turk will stop being point forward?

Really not seeing how many minutes can JJ and Von get. Otis decision to resign Richardson seems to be awful (except if it is for trade bait)

You'd rather Jason Richardson would be with the Bulls? That would be so terrible for us in so many ways. He was a really good signing and yes you can play 2 shooting guards and Turkoglu at the same time.

What the heck are you talking about...if our goal is to keep Dwight than Jrich needed to be resigned. Jrich gives us flexibility because he can play the 2 as well as the 3. JJ will get his normal minutes as a back up role at the 2 spot and Wafer was just a throw in with the Big Baby trade, he will be used as an insurance type of guy who is on an extremely cheap contract.

You'd rather Jason Richardson would be with the Bulls? That would be so terrible for us in so many ways. He was a really good signing and yes you can play 2 shooting guards and Turkoglu at the same time.

I actually kind of like our make-up right now. I'd still like a legit backup center (like Perkins), just someone who anchors the defense while Dwight sits [maybe on another team], but we have a lot of options in this roster: we can now (finally) go big or small, and our bigs are all mobile, hustle guys.