AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

I can only think of 3 teams that ever won a title with a PG as their best player.

The Cousy led Celtics, the Frazier led Knicks(And yes, Frazier was their best player. I will knife anyone who says it was Reed), and the Showtime Lakers.

What about Isiah Thomas?

Woj is reporting that the Nets/Blazers deal had Lopez, Wallace, Farmar and a 1st coming the Magic's way. Not only that, he says it got to ownership level for approval, which means Otis liked it! WTF?!

Woj Article

It means Otis considered it. Like any good GM, anything that's semi-serious he's going to run by the boys upstairs. He wouldn't want to say "HELL NO I'M NOT TAKING THAT!!" have it hit the press, and then having RDV say: "Um. you should have taken that."

For most things, Otis can just say no. That deal, though, is starting to approach realistic territory (finally). Still not good enough, but getting there.

why in steamy hell are the Blazers supposed to be getting FOUR PICKS while we get non-rebuildable jockstraps and some stretched-over-5-years first round picks? Why is Gerald Wallace worth four picks, but Dwight "All-World" Howard is worth crap?

If you want him... Do better, Nyets! WAY better!

I like how we give up th emost dominant player in the league and get no guaranteed high picks, no building blocks, but get long contracts on meh players.......I like Crash, but I like him as a contending team, not as a rebuilding one.

Get out of here with your pick cyphening Blazers!

It means Otis considered it. Like any good GM, anything that's semi-serious he's going to run by the boys upstairs. He wouldn't want to say "HELL NO I'M NOT TAKING THAT!!" have it hit the press, and then having RDV say: "Um. you should have taken that."

For most things, Otis can just say no. That deal, though, is starting to approach realistic territory (finally). Still not good enough, but getting there.

Sorry that deal blows to me too.

There's gotta be better stuff than that

Nothing. But Howard clearly doesn't wanna stay. Think that's difficult for you to understand, but it is like this.

So, blowing everything up and starting rebuilding right now IS MUCH BETTER than waiting for him to walk after the season and still stuck with Hedo and others.

Got the point?

I'm just going to ignore you, because it's much easier than trying to explain to you how leverage works, or that CAP space is useless if you aren't going to use it on anyone.