AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Changing the subject off Dwight for a minute, I wish FIBA would get off their damn asses and finish off that crap with Von Wafer so he and Davis can practice already. Our first preseason game is less than a week away and they have yet to practice with their new teammates.

Also, Otis still has the full MLE to use and we still have holes at backup C and PG that need to be filled. I'm hoping we see something done there soon. Also, as much as I'd like Earl Clark back, I'm not sure it can happen. There is pretty much no room on the roster for him. I believe we're at the 15 man limit and we'd have to cut Hughes and/or Pruitt to make room for any backup big and/or PG. Harper made him expandable, and the Magic giving him a guaranteed contract tells me Clark is gone.

We can get a vet big cheap. I wanted Jeff Foster but he reupped in Indy. I wouldn't mind taking a look at a guy like DJ Mbenga at this point.

A guy I would've liked to have taken a stab at until we resigned J Rich was Aaron Afflalo.

Changing the subject off Dwight for a minute, I wish FIBA would get off their damn asses and finish off that crap with Von Wafer so he and Davis can practice already. Our first preseason game is less than a week away and they have yet to practice with their new teammates.

Also, Otis still has the full MLE to use and we still have holes at backup C and PG that need to be filled. I'm hoping we see something done there soon. Also, as much as I'd like Earl Clark back, I'm not sure it can happen. There is pretty much no room on the roster for him. I believe we're at the 15 man limit and we'd have to cut Hughes and/or Pruitt to make room for any backup big and/or PG. Harper made him expandable, and the Magic giving him a guaranteed contract tells me Clark is gone.

Good point.. Has there been any update on this as to when it might happen? These guys need to get accustomed to playing with the magic and playing for SVG... I don't know much about Harper, heard he is a lot like Rashard Lewis, don't know if there's any truth to that, but if so I hope he can get out on the court some this year and show his stuff...

Speaking of von wafer, do we actually know what his contract is, or is supposed to be?

Speaking of von wafer, do we actually know what his contract is, or is supposed to be?

I heard it was cheap and it's for 3 years, last 2 being non guaranteed

We can get a vet big cheap. I wanted Jeff Foster but he reupped in Indy. I wouldn't mind taking a look at a guy like DJ Mbenga at this point.

A guy I would've liked to have taken a stab at until we resigned J Rich was Aaron Afflalo.

I would've liked Foster too, but it appears like he had no intentions of leaving Indiana and wanted to retire a Pacer. Good for him, in this age of professional sports you very rarely see any sort of loyalty and guys playing their careers out with one team. I respect Foster for wanting to finish the job with the same team rather than ring chase to Miami. Speaking of Indiana, they are a damn good team this year IMO. Especially with David West there now, they are a top 5 team in the East.

Mbenga would be okay I guess, but I don't know the list of FA centers. I know Kwame Brown hasn't signed with anyone yet and the Magic showed some interest in him, but idk who else. I'm more intrigued by what PGs are available. Duhon absolutely can NOT be our backup this season.

• Upvote 1

I would've liked Foster too, but it appears like he had no intentions of leaving Indiana and wanted to retire a Pacer. Good for him, in this age of professional sports you very rarely see any sort of loyalty and guys playing their careers out with one team. I respect Foster for wanting to finish the job with the same team rather than ring chase to Miami. Speaking of Indiana, they are a damn good team this year IMO. Especially with David West there now, they are a top 5 team in the East.

Mbenga would be okay I guess, but I don't know the list of FA centers. I know Kwame Brown hasn't signed with anyone yet and the Magic showed some interest in him, but idk who else. I'm more intrigued by what PGs are available. Duhon absolutely can NOT be our backup this season.

Yep, nothing but respect for Jeff Foster from me.

Check the thread I made that the mods stickied, might help you come up with some ideas.

• Upvote 1

I still think it is weird that Dwight is pissed that we waived a guy who was only here for less than a year and was hardly ever productive. Can Dwight really be this temperamental and soft?

Their goal isn't to have a team of below to average players just to make Dwight happy... It's to win a championship... how you don't see that is baffling to me.

So you're obviously attached to Dwight more than this team. Glad we got that out of the way

See, you win titles (especially with the current talent level in the NBA) by having a player of Dwight's caliber. There's only a few of them in the league. Keeping Dwight here and happy gives us a yearly chance at a title.

If you're truly a fan of the Magic, keeping Dwight here under any circumstance is more important then some bull**** drama.