AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Marc Gasol is about to get paid. Good for him. Deserves it.

A max contract, eh? The NBA, where decent gets you top dollar.

I like what Pacers have, with Collison, Hill, Mayo, Granger, West, Hibbert, Hansborough.. great young talents.

David west is great fit for them..

I still say that Dwight wanting to leave is 100% frustration that the Magic just haven't put a good team around him. I think if the Magic put together an undeniably GOOD team together, and not just a bunch of former GS players or friends of Otis', Dwight has a shot at staying.

I'm just not all that confident that we have the pieces to make the kinds of moves that would keep him, though.

Otis has surprised me in the past, though, good and bad. I'm going to see how it all plays out and THEN start cursing names.

I am with you here, but I think for all that it is worth, all of the other GM's around the league are not looking to make it easy or to help Otis keep Dwight here. It is for this reason that you need aGM that is going to be respected within that small circle that they operate in. However, it will take a western conference team to assist the Lakers in making a deal. I don't think we would be interested in trading Dwight to a E/C team so he can return here and destroy what remains of the Magic.

I pray he chooses Miami.

Chauncey kills us everytime he plays us. Why would you want him to go to Miami where they play us more than twice?

A max contract, eh? The NBA, where decent gets you top dollar.

Hard working defensive center with a decent passing game and an improved offensive game? Still young and has potential to become better in a bigger role for 13 mil a year?

I'm sorry but I disagree with you here. Outside of Z-Bo played above and beyond his game, no way MEM makes that much noise last year without Gasol.