AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

He's stay, more than likely. You remember how badly Kobe wanted out? Then they got Gasol and suddenly LA wasn't such a bad place to be anymore. Dwight wants to win and in the last seven years, he doesn't think the Magic FO wants the same with the trades they're making.

If we win a championship this year and he's still on the team, it's amazing what that can do to someone's psyche.

All that said, it isn't happening - the Magic just are not the hot destination that Miami, LA, Boston, and Chicago are. Even after we went to the Finals, there wasn't the usual rush of veterans willing to sign for cheap to get a piece of the action. No one wants to go to Orlando, for some reason.

But if we win the championship? You'll probably want to change that sig.

Just sayin.

Im talkin about if we make it to the finals once we trade dwight

lol "his team" probably got eliminated in the first round

I guess I just remember the Shaq years too well to believe that will be the case. Shaq got swept that first year, then it was a long run of pure dominance.

Im talkin about if we make it to the finals once we trade dwight

Ah - would be awesome, but historically that's not what happens when a superstar demands a trade.

Thing is, Kobe is and was a lot more mature at that time than Dwight is currently. I don't think that comparison applies anymore.

Probably not. I've already accepted he's gone, outside of a few tiny parts still holding onto wishful thinking.

You had me at Lee.

But seriously, that team still can't beat Miami or Chicago IMO and you won't get great draft picks if we're taking on multiple decent players

+ KNICKS, who seems like hell of a strong.. Hawks is still dangerous and ofcourse Boston.

I guess you didn't see the part where I said that. :shard:

But yeah, we'd be stacked lol. But Scola would be the longest contract we have, at around 8 mil per year which isn't horrible.

Scola's deal is closer to 9.5m to 10m per year, and he'll be 36.

No.

How do you explain the signings of Wafer, Hughes, and Pruitt. What the hell is going on?? Whos next Acie Law?

How do you explain the signings of Wafer, Hughes, and Pruitt. What the hell is going on?? Whos next Acie Law?

Pruitt and Hughes are camp fodder, IMO.