AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Dwight requested a trade. But according to him, it's not because he doesn't want to play here. Try and make sense of that.

He doesn't not want to play here, he just doesn't want to play here.

Nah it's not that, I'm just lettin you knew not too many people are gonna read a book from a new guy about his opinions on a night like this. What do you think this is, a forum or somethin?

For the record im not a "New Guy" ive actually been on this board for several years and the last year have been way to busy with work and kids to log in and reply and sad to say became a troll. My old name was "MagicDepth" however I can not get my password for that name for some reason. I had well over 5k post if I remeber correctly and usually have a good scope on the big picture and not a random post kinda guy.

Where is the owner of the team to step in and get control? Why are they so loyal to Otis?

this has honestly been the worst last 8 months of being a Magic fan ever, Dwights career is going to end here by losing to ATL? this sucks.

On one hand I understand, somewhat his POV but he's already been caught lying about talking to the Nets since his agent basically admitted it.

On the other, he is turning his back on all of us, he is not even TRYING to stick it out and wait til he's a FREE AGENT. If he really loved Orlando he would be trying to fix things and not carpetbagging out of town.

I can honestly see him becoming more hated than Shaq here, because the fans have loved him more than any other player that's come thru and now he's basically saying screw you guys.

the fact he went and did a charity BBQ, a charity basketball game and essentially telling everyone how much he appreciated them seems hollow now. He could have owned this city for life even if he never won, he was that beloved, and now it's all out the window.

this honestly feels worse than losing the finals

Since we don't know what's going on behind closed doors, I don't think it's really fair to jump to conclusions. I mean, everything you said very well could be the case, but Dwight could also have a very legitimate reason for requesting the trade. He said that once everything is over and done with, he will let everyone know what went on over this time. Until then (and hopefully not soon), we will be kept wondering.

• Upvote 1

Dwight requested a trade. But according to him, it's not because he doesn't want to play here. Try and make sense of that.

Sounds, about right...did we really sign jrich oris it a s&t

Where is the owner of the team to step in and get control? Why are they so loyal to Otis?

this has honestly been the worst last 8 months of being a Magic fan ever, Dwights career is going to end here by losing to ATL? this sucks.

On one hand I understand, somewhat his POV but he's already been caught lying about talking to the Nets since his agent basically admitted it.

On the other, he is turning his back on all of us, he is not even TRYING to stick it out and wait til he's a FREE AGENT. If he really loved Orlando he would be trying to fix things and not carpetbagging out of town.

I can honestly see him becoming more hated than Shaq here, because the fans have loved him more than any other player that's come thru and now he's basically saying screw you guys.

the fact he went and did a charity BBQ, a charity basketball game and essentially telling everyone how much he appreciated them seems hollow now. He could have owned this city for life even if he never won, he was that beloved, and now it's all out the window.

this honestly feels worse than losing the finals

I can see your frustration and seriously I had the same feelings. I even was planning a bon fire at the house for all Dwight pictures and jerseys. That seriously all changed when I really paid attention to his interview. I saw a honest christian man who truly was not getting the respect he wanted or deserved from the team..(Somewhere in the team who knows where...) I know for a fact Dwight really loves Orlando and maybe all those events he through were because he already knew the team wasnt the best choice for him but he knew how much his fans would be hurt. I really believe Dwight loves Orlando but the Magic Organization is a diffrent story... Let me ask you this...If you were a manager and all your employees loved you. They have stayed loyal to you for many years and during all those years the organization you work for didnt respect your opinion and you just were not happy in the direction you were heading. Would you continue to stay unhappy for your employees or would you try and benifet yourself?

I can see your frustration and seriously I had the same feelings. I even was planning a bon fire at the house for all Dwight pictures and jerseys. That seriously all changed when I really paid attention to his interview. I saw a honest christian man who truly was not getting the respect he wanted or deserved from the team..(Somewhere in the team who knows where...) I know for a fact Dwight really loves Orlando and maybe all those events he through were because he already knew the team wasnt the best choice for him but he knew how much his fans would be hurt. I really believe Dwight loves Orlando but the Magic Organization is a diffrent story... Let me ask you this...If you were a manager and all your employees loved you. They have stayed loyal to you for many years and during all those years the organization you work for didnt respect your opinion and you just were not happy in the direction you were heading. Would you continue to stay unhappy for your employees or would you try and benifet yourself?

I might actually have an ounce of respect for Dwight remaining if he didn't try to make himself out to be the victim. That's what sets me off the most

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

you know that poster that came here and said the way to keep dwight was to fire the coach?

i think he was right.....

Completly agree 100%! No secret Dwight does not like Stan... We fire Stan, Dwight re considers....