AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

I want draft picks. Seriously. Screw Gasol and Bynum. I don't want the Magic to be a fringe playoff team for 2-3 years. I'd rather start from scratch. Give me Brook Lopez and those two draft picks so the Magic actually have a shot at freaking rebuilding. I will take one to two bad years and reload in this stacked upcoming draft class over getting knocked out in the first round for two years straight only to have to start all over again anyway.

So I'm watching Apollo 18, which isn't as good as I hoped. Not bad though, just not good. Are there any other movies I should be checking out?

Rise of the Planet of the Apes is ok. Watched it 2 days ago.

If you haven't seen it, start watching The Walking Dead. New favorite show

I cant believe people saying they will quit as fans...this should never happen, even if we suck as hard as the cavs.

On other news "Dwight (Fredo)....you broke my heart...you broke my heart"

I'm just drunk and irritated. I shouldn't have posted that. I just hope the trade helps us in the future. I don't want to see us trade Dwight for Bynum and Gasol or something. If we don't get decent value and we fold and give Dwight what he wants while getting nothing worthwhile in return, it would be hard for me to support the Magic's horrible management any longer. We need draft picks and cap relief, not what the Lakers alone can give us.

The big question here is:

Do we really want to acquire older players like Gasol and wind up being some 5th or 6th placed playoff team in the East for 2 or 3 seasons or do we want to get the best freshest, youngest package we can for Dwight full of picks for the very talented upcoming 2012 draft and rebuild a team that could actually one day have a shot at a title?

For me the answer is simple: the second option everyday.

I cant believe people saying they will quit as fans...this should never happen, even if we suck as hard as the cavs.

On other news "Dwight (Fredo)....you broke my heart...you broke my heart"

I can understand. For those of us that have been here a while, we have dealt with a lot of disappointment (Shaq/T-Mac/Hill/Howard). Nothing good happens here.

Hypothetically Bynum, Gasol, and Dallas first round pick and Lakers first round pick for Howard and Hedo is the best deal we are going to get. It's hard to see Howard go to the Lakers but the writing is on the wall and his Magic days are over and this is the best trade we are going to get.

• Downvote 1

Hypothetically Bynum, Gasol, and Dallas first round pick and Lakers first round pick for Howard and Hedo is the best deal we are going to get. It's hard to see Howard go to the Lakers but the writing is on the wall and his Magic days are over and this is the best trade we are going to get.

Why would we want Bynum and Gasol? I don't understand this.

• Upvote 1