AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Probably try to get a third team involved some how, but also them with holding the tampering charges is also because it could take away picks from them which would kill the whole trade regardless.

Or, better, Re-sign Dwight.

Really: Dwight reminds me more of an extroverted Tim Duncan than egotistical Shaq. I'm sure he WANTS to stay in Orlando, but like any player, he doesn't want to be Karl Malone or Chuck Barkley: an amazing player that retires without ever winning the big thing. What defines real greatness is that championship, and only a few teams trade that thing back and forth every couple years.

He wants to see the Magic add more pieces than washed up old friends of Otis'. So the question is: will we add enough pieces that staying where he's at looks better than where he's looking?

That's what we don't know. And we WON'T know until a trade happens: either us landing us that magical piece (Williams) that entices Dwight to stay, or the trade that sends him out of town and us looking for the next #1 pick (that will wind championships for other teams when we inevitably trade him or lose him in his sixth year).

Is this Guy Jesus

He's right. We have garbage for assetts. Jameer Nelson and Ryan Anderson aren't going to get you an all star player. We're going to get ripped off when trading Dwight. Otis won't let us be bad for a couple of seasons. Instead he'll have us be a fringe playoff team that's not good enough to make a run and not good enough to have any meaningful draft picks to get a stud.

MisterRudolph Jarrod N Rudolph

This is just my opinion. Won't quote a source or anything. I'm just thinking I was wrong about Magic assets. Other stuff is inevitable.

MisterRudolph Jarrod N Rudolph

I was convinced the Magic would land Monta Ellis last night. I was sure of it, but I was wrong. Good thing I didn't write it.

This guy just keeps changing the story :svgsad:

Is this Guy Jesus

Not even close!

More to the point, did he forcast the Davis deal.......Wafer......or for that matter anything that wasn't after the fact?

I like what's being reported now as to the meeting with Dwight, if the league finds that this happened, they (Nets) may lose DWilliams in the process. A key indicator (for me) is if they sign Nene today, in a rushed or hurried fashion!

Not even close!

More to the point, did he forcast the Davis deal.......Wafer......or for that matter anything that wasn't after the fact?

I like what's being reported now as to the meeting with Dwight, if the league finds that this happened, they (Nets) may lose DWilliams in the process. A key indicator (for me) is if they sign Nene today, in a rushed or hurried fashion!

Lets hope magic does do the tampering thing the nets will lose thier picks and even deron willams

Lets hope magic does do the tampering thing the nets will lose thier picks and even deron willams

That would be underhanded as hell, especially if Otis actually did give permission, but...would be AWESOME. For us, anyways. The Magic, as an organization, would be blacklisted by every other front office in the league, though. Worth it to keep Dwight, but....wow.

I think Otis has a deal like Meer J.Rich and Anderson for Ellis and Biedrins in place bc NY gift wrap Turiaf to the Wiz for nothing. Also with the moves made Ellis will play point and have Turk handle the rock til crunch time. We still have the 6.3 mil TE and the MLE so I wouldnt panic just yet

Ellis Duhon Pruitt

Hughes JJ Liggins

Turk Q Earl

Davis Harper

Howard Biedrins Orton

Ellis is ok and definitely an upgrade but he isn't getting us over the hump and Dwight isn't stupid and knows that. Not to mention we have to quit this cycle of taking bad horrible contracts because that's why Dwight is about gone. You mortgage the future for a guy in Ellis, who isn't good enough to get you anywhere near a ring now.

I would take Ellis to keep Dwight but let's all be honest. He knew he was going to leave for probably a yr or more and this guy has already gotten permission to seek a trade. It's obvious what went down in that meeting with Otis.

This team needs to take some steps to rebuild and the first has nothing to do with players. Otis needs to go and I hope he never works in basketball again so no other fans have to watch him ruin their franchise and a once in a lifetime player. Secondly, I think SVG has to go, he is a good coach but he isn't a players coach and as long as he is here elite guys won't wanna come here. I would seriously look at Phil Jackson and honestly he may be the only piece who could convince Dwight to stay and he would make guys wanna come here.

that Rudolph guy is a lame. I haven't seen him nail a piece of news yet.

I've seen that Baumann guy break some stuff...and then Rudolph immediately tweet it to his followers without credit, though.