AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

What ever happened with the Heat trade rumor?

I'd love to have LeBron for Howard... As much as I hate LeBron, this is a player where we could rebuild something huge with. And then blow up the team minus LeBron?

***** this Nets deal, we're getting nothing in return.

JJ's contract is unguaranteed if cut before July 2012. Meaning his 6 million can be shed off the cap.

Assuming we can dump all contracts except Hedo, Duhon and Q that gives us about 39 million in cap space. Don't think that is good enough for two max deals. But who knows. Plus even if we did keep Dwight and add CP3 or D-Will, the new CBA will make it harder to fill out our roster with role players. So it is pretty tough going forward, just have to hope for the best.

Key Word: "Assuming"

Without your assumption happening my statement holds true. And there is two sides to every acquisition. Other teams have too buy into the players your assuming we could dump.

Last time I checked... No One helped Cleveland when Lebron was talked about leaving. You can bank that we are going to get the same treatment with D12 talking.

Face it, there is blood inthe water and we don't have a big enough band aid to fix it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Key Word: "Assuming"

Without your assumption happening my statement holds true. And there is two sides to every acquisition. Other teams have too buy into the players your assuming we could dump.

Last time I checked... No One helped Cleveland when Lebron was talked about leaving. You can bank that we are going to get the same treatment with D12 talking.

Face it, there is blood inthe water and we don't have a big enough band aid to fix it.

Jameer and Bass are tradeable. We almost traded Jameer for Andre Miller on draft day, that would've been the kind of deal to look for. You at least TRY to make this happen rather than give up and trade him. Especially when you're being offered trash like Brook Lopez for him. These scenarios aren't that far from reality, it can be done.

I couldn't care less what players we get back for dwight if we're forced to trade him. Who cares about dumping hedo if we're rebuilding through the draft?

That being said, Any trade that doesn't have the magic ending up with two 2012 picks (not including ours) with at least one of those picks being in the top 5 and one 2013 first is horrible and I want no part of.

Here's what magic fans want to see in the draft next year: one of davis/drummond/perry jones, one of barnes/gilchrist/miller, and one of rivers/lamb/i dunno who else is a late lotto sg because I'm doing this off the top of my head. That's how you rebuild, not grabbing brook lopez.

• Upvote 1

@WindhorstESPN

Brian Windhorst Not finalized,but NBA execs expecting to get lost time back on trade exceptions that expired in lockout.Biggest is Cavs $14.5M (9 days left)

1 hour ago via web

That could be useful

I couldn't care less what players we get back for dwight if we're forced to trade him. Who cares about dumping hedo if we're rebuilding through the draft?

That being said, Any trade that doesn't have the magic ending up with two 2012 picks (not including ours) with at least one of those picks being in the top 5 and one 2013 first is horrible and I want no part of.

Here's what magic fans want to see in the draft next year: one of davis/drummond/perry jones, one of barnes/gilchrist/miller, and one of rivers/lamb/i dunno who else is a late lotto sg because I'm doing this off the top of my head. That's how you rebuild, not grabbing brook lopez.

That is why the Clippers appeal most to me. Eric Gordon, Aminu and DeAndre Jordan with the T-Wolves pick and the Clippers pick would be a good rebuilding haul for Dwight, probably the best we could get. But the problem is, I don't think Dwight will sign an extension with the Clippers so that deal wouldn't happen. All the teams he wants to go to can offer us nothing worth our time in a trade so it is a rough spot.

• Upvote 1

That is why the Clippers appeal most to me. Eric Gordon, Aminu and DeAndre Jordan with the T-Wolves pick and the Clippers pick would be a good rebuilding haul for Dwight, probably the best we could get. But the problem is, I don't think Dwight will sign an extension with the Clippers so that deal wouldn't happen. All the teams he wants to go to can offer us nothing worth our time in a trade so it is a rough spot.

I'm hoping somehow we're able to field a rookie all star team next year.

I'm hoping somehow we're able to field a rookie all star team next year.

Nice thought, but will be tough to pull off.

Ric Bucher just said on SC that he thinks Dwight is going to ask for a trade. Of course he says the Lakers and Mavs are the favorites. Seriously? rofl, it is like these clowns don't even consider us into this. Like we'll just bend over and take trash from those teams when Dwight has no leverage to force anything there? ESPN is trash, especially Bucher.

Ric Bucher just said on SC that he thinks Dwight is going to ask for a trade. Of course he says the Lakers and Mavs are the favorites. Seriously? rofl, it is like these clowns don't even consider us into this. Like we'll just bend over and take trash from those teams when Dwight has no leverage to force anything there? ESPN is trash, especially Bucher.

KOBE BRYANT WILL NEVER PLAY FOR THE LAKERS AGAIN

Between Bucher, Legler, and LeBroussard... ugh, ESPN's NBA "experts" almost make me sad the lockout is over

I would rather take the chance of Dwight walking than make a crappy trade that only gets us mediocre players and distant non-lotttery picks.

The Nets already gave up their 2012 pick to the Jazz for Deron Williams so the picks offered are for 2013 and beyond. If they indeed keep Deron and have Dwight the picks will be in the high 20's which have little value.

The Nets spent their best trade assets already and the Lakers have nothing we want either.

The Jazz got rookie Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, the 3rd pick in the 2011 draft and the Nets 2012 pick for Deron Williams and we are supposed to jump at Brooks Thompson, 2 likely to be crappy future picks and taking Hedo off our hands??

The Magic do not exist to make Dwight wishes to play somewhere else come true......give us a deal of real value and MAYBE we should listen but so far all I hear is crap.

Preach it, baby

Between Bucher, Legler, and LeBroussard... ugh, ESPN's NBA "experts" almost make me sad the lockout is over

Amen. All they do is feed the big maret agenda. They don't seriously care about our franchise's interests going forward, or else they wouldn't even think about the Lakers or Mavs as possible Dwight destinations. Stuff like this is what the owners are trying to stop with the lockout. The smaller markets are tired of players pushing their way to the big market teams all the time.