AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight's camp actually did contact NJ and now he might back out for fear of not being able to demand where he goes, ala Chris Paul. Hard to trust the media right now though because you know they're all just trying to beat the other to break a story.

Also, sad to hear about brandon roy. He was great to watch and just seemed like a good down to earth guy. Wish him the best.

It looks like Dwight is gone and the N.J offer is definately not enough....this is a lil off the wall but how would you feel about this trade if it was accepted by the Knicks:

Amare, Billups (exp), Fields , Douglas for Dwight, Ryno, Turk, Jameer (opt out clause)

Gives us Amare , hometown kid , and creates some serious cap space after this season while keeping us extremely competitive.

If you let Billups expire and amnesty Gil it istanly gives you around 20 mill in capspace.

Cutting JJ after season gives you around another 6 Mill

Bass will most likely opt out of his deal saving another 4 Mill

Which would give the team about 30 Mill in capspace after this season with a roster of: Amare , Q rich, Duhon, Orton, Harper, Liggins. This roster needs alot of work but if this trade was actually possible it would effectively take the Knicks completely out of the running for an elite PG . Additionaly no Dwight in N.J means Deron is outta there. So even after signing Deron to a contract starting at around 14-15 million it would leave us another 14-15 million to spend on free agents to fill out the roster.

A Deron/Amare team with a little capspace seems like a really good deal if you ask me. We would be in really good shape to get a 3rd scorer and a defensive center.

Rebuilding done easy?

If it is ever confirmed or if Dwight goes public with trade demands... someone needs to tweet him to ask:

What happened to the humble kid with braces from Atlanta that rolled the 84' Crown Victoria? What would Mamma Kay think of this?

Done. Hope he sees it.

LScola4 Luis Scola

by johnhollinger

I´m on my way to the Toyota Center, this is going to be fun. The good thing is that the TC it´s on the way to the airport, just in case...

I'd actually take the offer la/houston gave NO for Paul. Way better than anything NJ can give us.

YOU DON'T TRADE DWIGHT TO THE LAKERS. PERIOD.

talkhoops Zach Harper

Password is "Bynum" RT @Orlando_Magic: Be on the lookout for your special password to be posted here soon regarding ticket presale!

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I don't care who you are that's funny. Anyone else Queezy about the magic pumping us for cash during this very trying time? I feel so cheep and dirty. Tell us you love us before you f*#k us!!