AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

I read somewhere today that Paul WILL NOT be part of the Hornets this season. He has played his last game for the Hornets. Might be traded this weekend.

I bet if thats the case, a team like Boston gets him. A team whos willing to take him without assurance. I'm sure they can entice him to resign by saying they'll go after Howard.

I just don't have much confidence in Otis and our assets.

yeah, I don't think the Hornets want any part of a season-long dragout situation.

I think if it comes down to Paul being exchanged for middle-tier assets, we may see more teams emerge.

Let me get this right:

Clips/GS have assets but don't wanna give them up without assurances.

We don't have (major) assets but will gladly give them up without assurances because we believe with Dwight in town they'll both sign extensions.

Mmmyes?

T-Mac signing with ATL? That means he will be 100% healthy and destroy us each time we face off... especially in the playoffs.

I am not worried about T-Mac at this stage of his career. He's said it before that he's healthy yet still struggled. He wasn't BAD last season with the Pistons, but he will never be a consistant threat like he was, again. Good role player now.

Let me get this right:

Clips/GS have assets but don't wanna give them up without assurances.

We don't have (major) assets but will gladly give them up without assurances because we believe with Dwight in town they'll both sign extensions.

Mmmyes?

Got it.

T-Mac signing with ATL? That means he will be 100% healthy and destroy us each time we face off... especially in the playoffs.

He'll destroy us just like he did last season when we played Detroit.

What are the chances that NOH doesn't do a deal? They may see our assets the same way we see Laker's.

They might just let him walk if they can't get a deal they like.

Well, I think it is a little different. The Magic have that history with the Lakers, and plus, who REALLY wants to see the Lakers be good all the time? (besides Stern). Trading him to a small market might be a little easier to swallow than us trading Dwight to LA.

I just think that if Paul tells them he only wants to come here, they'll trade him here. Meer+JJ+Ryno etc. plus our willingness to take Okafor isn't that awful. They can get a lot of capspace, and trade Jameer if need be. Is it a great package? Not at all. But I think they would rather have it than nothing.

Only if we're facing them in the first round...