AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Call me a hater, but it's too bad Jameer isn't considered in the same class as Curry or Rondo.

If Jameer wouldn't have torn his shoulder up, who knows? Maybe he could've remained around the level he was playing in 2008.

I blame Erick Dampier for our inability to get CP3

"RicBucher: Also: Magic GM Otis Smith has yet to present wish list for DH12 to a single suitor, says an exec with a team looking to make a bid."

--http://twitter.com/RicBucher/status/144233528324931585

"RicBucher: Also: Magic GM Otis Smith has yet to present wish list for DH12 to a single suitor, says an exec with a team looking to make a bid."

--http://twitter.com/RicBucher/status/144233528324931585

There is a reason for this. Because unless Dwight says he is gone the Magic will try and make one last ditch effort to keep him happy. The media needs to cool it on the Dwight rumors because the Magic aren't actively trying to trade him.

KVNole Kyle Vann

@MisterRudolph Right now if you have to make a prediction for opening day Dec 25, who are the 2 best players on the Magic roster?

MisterRudolph Jarrod N Rudolph

@

@KVNole : Dwight and Chris Paul

WHY MUST YOU DO THIS?

Edit:

hornets247 hornets247.com

On the phone now with an NBA guy I would trust with my life and he tells me: Paul WILL NOT be on the roster at the end of this weekend.

Here is the whole thing from Bucher. Its on ESPN Insider and it is basically a copy and paste of his tweets you guys posted.

L.A. will put emphasis on Jordan

"That mutual understanding is one reason why the Clippers have aggressively looked to re-sign restricted free agent center DeAndre Jordan, who is eager to remain with the Clippers, a source close to Jordan said. With the Clippers committed to building around power forward Blake Griffin, acquiring Howard simply isn't realistic, a league source said. Even if they could land Howard without including shooting guard Eric Gordon in the deal, they would then almost certainly have to incur the luxury tax to re-sign Gordon, who will be eligible for an extension of his rookie contract next summer. Paying a luxury tax for going too far over the salary cap would be a first for Clippers owner Donald Sterling. Howard does not see himself as a championship-caliber fit right now next to Griffin, sources familiar with both Howard's objectives said. Neither Howard nor Griffin can step away from the basket and score, which makes it a difficult proposition to invest so heavily in them as a combination. Both also struggle at the free-throw line. Howard is a career 59.8 percent free-throw shooter and Griffin shot 64.2 percent as a rookie last season. The expectation is that Griffin will eventually develop a mid-range jumper, but Howard's timeline for pursuing a championship is more immediate, sources said."

They would never be able to call a press conference to announce a trade, without somebody to know about it and break the news...

So the press conference tomorrow is not to announce a trade or Dwight's future.

However, I'm interested in knowing why so many execs are there. Alex, Bob, Otis and more. They don't need all that for Bob's farewell/Alex's "Winning" conference, do they?