AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

And what do u suggest? Multiple stupid threads?

The one thing i dislike is when someone writtes a post that looks like an essay and then someone answers that long as* post with a "agree" or "I second that"

This.

If Dwight leaves because he is booed by idiots then he'd not be showing much insight.

That's exactly why we should avoid booing. He's pretty immature. I mean, hell, if twitter posts can upset him, imagine your home arena booing you. It's like Addi said, it would seal the deal.

i love me some earl, denver had to be offering more than that, but he held out because he WANTED to be here and play for this organization. I bet we said we can only bring him on for nothing to keep our flexibility and he said alright thanks man.

feels nice for SOMEONE to be that loyal and dedicated to our team, after the biggest star in the league keeps kicking us in the nuts and throwing dirt on us and letting shaq get in his cheap shots...

I know , I know...in the end it looks like Lopez and 5 picks will happen

And even Lopez isn't terrible. 20ppg is respectable. He's just not Dwight or a fair trade for Dwight.

I am close to hating what he has become.

I watched the video from today, and I just stared. Empty. I could not believe I was looking at Dwight Howard, the man I've idolized since we drafted him back in 2004 and supported, defended and cheered for through all the negativity regarding picking him over Okafor, his rise to stardom and finally becoming a superstar in this league. I did not envision this a year ago. I did not expect this kid to turn into this guy.

Where did you go Dwight? Where is the love you said you have for this team and this city? The love for the fans? You waive questions away like you don't care that we care. Like you don't want anything to do with us anymore. You act like reporters are annoying you because they, like us, want to know what's going on with you. You act like you're annoyed you're here. What happened to you man?

You're turning into all that I hate about primadonna stars in sports. I never liked LeBron, and it's really sad to see you sink to that level because like the rest of Magic fans, I really thought you were different. I thought we had our Tim Duncan. But in the end of the day, it's about you, your brand, your name, your fame. What happend?

I just want to tell you, Dwight, that things won't be better playing for the Nets. You seem to want to go there. Play with Deron. Why haven't you tried to pull HIM over here? You said you wanted to create your own path. Is that path being created to follow others on their path? You will be "Dwight, who joined Deron and his Nets".

You will always be in the shadow of other NY teams and you will join the hatetrain LeBron called upon himself, by joining another team and other superstars, instead of staying with your team and building your own legacy. Follower. Not a legend.

Did this change so dramatically with higher contracts compared to players of yesteryear? Did the 8-9 figure contracts kill the love for the game? Did money create selfish primadonnas that seem to be losing loyalty to the team that drafted them, by each generation?

That said, I hope the people of Orlando don't boo him on Saturday. It will only cement his will in leaving. If they cheer, make him feel wanted here, it MIGHT hit a nerve and he might realise he will never be as loved in any other city, as he is loved in Orlando, the city that raised him, made him what he is today. Make him feel wanted. Needed. Don't boo him away.

Dwight, man, where are you?!

I was there with you thinking Dwight was different, but have had signs that he's like the majority of athletes out there.

He has thrown his coach and his teammates under the bus during crunch playoff times. He whines like a b*tch at refs CONSTANTLY. He leads the league in techs (I know Lebron does twice as much and doesn't get any, but it's the point), he has been suspended, he has boned the cheerleaders and had a child from one, and the big city lights are calling him because he wants the limelight. Also, he is terribly immature and has the "coddled since age of 12" mentality. And he wants what he wants when he wants it just because he's Dwight.

I don't bother catching up. This tread grows real fast.

I think it would be good to create a new one with a different goofy, star wars related name. :offtopic:

Offseason Thread Part VIII: All Hope is Lost :svgsad:

• Upvote 1

i love me some earl, denver had to be offering more than that, but he held out because he WANTED to be here and play for this organization. I bet we said we can only bring him on for nothing to keep our flexibility and he said alright thanks man.

feels nice for SOMEONE to be that loyal and dedicated to our team, after the biggest star in the league keeps kicking us in the nuts and throwing dirt on us and letting shaq get in his cheap shots...

so this. My respect for Earl went way up. Whatever happens to this team, he just scored points with me.

I don't bother catching up. This tread grows real fast.

I think it would be good to create a new one with a different goofy, star wars related name. :offtopic:

I have a stickies thread called "summary" or some such. Only post verified updates there.