AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

What really sucks, apart from the fact he might be leaving us just before he hits his peak, is that he might also be a better FT shooter now. Imagine how pissed off we will be if he starts shooting 75-80% from the line and going for 27-15-3 at 60% with some other team.

I hate this <_<

You're not alone. And to the Nets....ugh.

On the flip side, the Nets have been a crap team for a lot longer than us - I wouldn't mind seeing them actually win a few. Just....not with OUR franchise player, you know? Go draft your own....

I'm reposting my post from the Dwight Howard everything thread, because the tenor of the forum is beginning to get under my skin.. and this thread is basically the forum r :shard:

One more thing. If you boo this man before he's been traded or leaves as a FA? Or at least before Dwight really makes it 110% clear that he is going to leave? Shame on you. Magic fans, with help from the Orlando Sentinel, already helped chase Shaq out of town15 years ago. Maybe some of you weren't here or are too young to remember, but don't let this part of history repeat itself. This man is still in a Magic uniform and has given us everything he's had for seven years. I believe he'll do the same for an eighth year. You cheer this man and you chant MVP even if he's bricking free throws, or in MY mind, you're not a real Magic fan. There's a chance this guy could stay here for the rest of his career, and even if you don't agree with that, the least you owe to to the rest of us to keep your mouth shut Do not personally bash him on Twitter, if you happen to run into him on the street, or most importantly if you go to a Magic game you do NOT boo this man until there's good reason!

For all we know, his agent and his representatives have been filling hi mind with bullcrap all during the lockout, and he's had to get back to the Magic locker room and around his teammates, his coaches, and the front office to remember what he had, and realize the fact is that his heart IS with the Orlando Magic. The point is we don't know, the media doesn't know either, so don't pretend like you know exactly what's going on or what Dwight's gonna do. Don't make the decision easy by booing this man who doesn't deserve it anyway! At least not yet.

This!!!

The only thing that I would add was that it took ............12 YEARS................. to recover from Shaq leaving the Magic and Otis would love for Dwight to get blamed for everything, in the hope that his missteps would be overlooked!! Good post dude!!!

Call me crazy, but I really think that as long as we don't trade Dwight before that January deadline he WILL stay. It's quite obvious that those that are around Dwight are the ones pushing for him to be moved (HWNSNBU, family, friends) and being that Dwight IS still so young, immature, and attention starved he is VERY easily influenced. So, lets say we don't trade him, we play out the season and we are we thought we were! (LOL) 50+ wins and a 2nd round exit.

Since HWNSNBU is so money hungry, I think he would then turn into an ally for the Magic because he wouldn't want Dwight to simply walk away from an extra 30 mil just to win. That's less money in HIS pocket! (What the hell do agents really care about what players really want anyways if it doesn't concern money?!)

I truly believe that Dwight's first choice is to stay in Orlando, but obviously he wants to win and win NOW. That coupled with his agent then persuading Dwight to STAY in O-Town = everything ok in the world again!

Just my $0.02

The only thing that I would add was that it took ............12 YEARS................. to recover from Shaq leaving the Magic and Otis would love for Dwight to get blamed for everything, in the hope that his missteps would be overlooked!! Good post dude!!!

the reason was that we idiotically signed an injured grant hill. We get grant hill from the '00 playoffs pre injury with tmac and we aren't complaining of Howard, the bobcats would be.

Call me crazy, but I really think that as long as we don't trade Dwight before that January deadline he WILL stay. It's quite obvious that those that are around Dwight are the ones pushing for him to be moved (HWNSNBU, family, friends) and being that Dwight IS still so young, immature, and attention starved he is VERY easily influenced. So, lets say we don't trade him, we play out the season and we are we thought we were! (LOL) 50+ wins and a 2nd round exit.

Since HWNSNBU is so money hungry, I think he would then turn into an ally for the Magic because he wouldn't want Dwight to simply walk away from an extra 30 mil just to win. That's less money in HIS pocket! (What the hell do agents really care about what players really want anyways if it doesn't concern money?!)

I truly believe that Dwight's first choice is to stay in Orlando, but obviously he wants to win and win NOW. That coupled with his agent then persuading Dwight to STAY in O-Town = everything ok in the world again!

Just my $0.02

I agree with your two AUD cents (its worth more). Magic have power... and once basketball is played and he realises that magic actually are not in a bad financial/salary cap situation he will choose to make 30mil over changing teams. Call His Bluff... His agent has him playing business styles now as he should, but I think its a bluff

• Upvote 1

I want Dwight here, make no mistake about it. Not because I give a crap about what kind of person he is, I just want my favorite basketball team to be better. One thing I can't stand however, is this "he deserves our respect, he gave his all for seven years" nonsense. SPARE ME. He's a professional athlete living a kings life, making millions to play a game. I sure as hell hope he gives his all and works tirelessly on his game, that's the entire reason he's making that kind of money to begin with, it's HIS JOB. Being a "real fan" has nothing to do with bowing down to a guy simply because he's doing exactly what he's supposed to be doing. Make the argument that some athletes don't put in as much effort, that may be true, but thousands of professional athletes around the country put in just as much work and effort as Dwight.

Superstars are fragile birds, squeeze too hard and they get hurt. As of now we don't know with any certainty what the F is going on with him. If there is any glimmer of hope to get him back then I will treat him like I always have, he deserves that. If not, then get the F out and let us be.

I like our team right now how it stands. I, unlike most of you guys, do not want to see us ship off a bunch of our guys in some trade. I want us to play good basketball and I know we will. JRich will play better this year(more slashing and creating off the dribble) and so will Turk. Last year didn't go well with them but they were thrown into a new system at a hectic time. We have the pieces we have. We'll play them. Please don't scare Dwight away guys with crap you hear. I could see a UFO and I still wouldn't believe it. I would just weigh and consider.

I like our team right now how it stands. I, unlike most of you guys, do not want to see us ship off a bunch of our guys in some trade. I want us to play good basketball and I know we will. JRich will play better this year(more slashing and creating off the dribble) and so will Turk. Last year didn't go well with them but they were thrown into a new system at a hectic time. We have the pieces we have. We'll play them. Please don't scare Dwight away guys with crap you hear. I could see a UFO and I still wouldn't believe it. I would just weigh and consider.

Thank you Otis! And Welcome to the forums.

I doubt it. Dwight will probably be long frustrated and possibly even traded by then. I agree his contract is reasonable, but if traded it is probably to a contender looking for shooting and they'll just give us picks and expiring contracts. At least it should be that way, because if Dwight is gone we need to get rid of all these long term contracts that Otis continues to freakin' hand out.

Yeah you're exactly right but most on this board don't understand this concept. They see Jason Richardson and think he is some great player the guy is almost identical to VC. Used to be athletic now just stands behind the 3 point line, he is better defensively though. He isn't a bad player but signing him makes no sense because we aren't in contention and need to start rebuilding. Otis is the worst GM in basketball and these deals make zero sense. Just like Baby, yeah slight upgrade over Bass but is he a player you want to rebuild with? Hell no and Bass would have opted out next yr instead we get two more long term deals. Other than RA and obviously Dwight we don't have a single piece that holds value or is worth keeping in my mind. Some guys have talent but are either overpaid,declining in talent, or in most cases BOTH.