AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Did you not read my original post? I said we would trade Gasol to a third team for picks and or quality talent. Houston obviously would be one team they would give up a lot for Gasol and I'm sure there is more than one.

Also I guarantee you that Bynum holds more value in this league than Brook Lopez regardless if you hate the Lakers or not, seriously it's not even close you must have never watched Brook Lopez play.

EDIT: EVEN WITH HIS INJURY CONCERNS HE HOLDS MORE VALUE

So trade Gasol for Scola,km and dragic? Haha yea that's better, once again taking on more money for slightly above average players. I'm sure you have watched every Nets game since Lopez has been there(sarcasm) but I value a guy who put's up decent numbers 82 games a season than a guy who put's up above average for 40 not to mention his longevity in the league is bleak at best. Is Brandon Roy better than J-Rich? Yeah but even last yr J-Rich has more value because he actually plays and actually has knees. Now imagine a 7'0 guy 300 pounds in the same spot.

Im rolling with Kyler on this one Dwill has given the Nets the word "Get me D12 or Im gone" So of course the Nets are in panic mode looking for teams that are rebuilding and wanna move large contracts. The only reason the Nets are still in the running is bc of Dwill so its gonna come down to who blinks first and with Martins now running the show King is in trouble

KBergCBS Ken Berger Dwight update: #Magic "not in a rush to do anything." #NBA #Nets bit.ly/u9uNrI

UPDATE: A league source told CBSSports.com that the Magic are "not in a rush to do anything," and that the team's first priority is to keep Howard. The scenario as currently constructed with Wallace joining Lopez in Orlando as the primary pieces is not enough to persuade the organization to move forward with the deal quickly, the person said.

"If people think things are imminent, then they're being led down the wrong path," the person said.

So trade Gasol for Scola,km and dragic? Haha yea that's better, once again taking on more money for slightly above average players. I'm sure you have watched every Nets game since Lopez has been there(sarcasm) but I value a guy who put's up decent numbers 82 games a season than a guy who put's up above average for 40 not to mention his longevity in the league is bleak at best. Is Brandon Roy better than J-Rich? Yeah but even last yr J-Rich has more value because he actually plays and actually has knees. Now imagine a 7'0 guy 300 pounds in the same spot.

If you put up decent numbers on a crappy team does that make you a decent player or a crappy one? You mentioned that he's young so he will improve, why? Why will he improve just because he's young? Is he going to get faster? Tougher? If we were talking about developing a jumper I may give you that, we aren't. We are talking about a skilled player that doesn't have the mental or the physical makeup to do what is needed out of a center. Do those things develop over time? If that is the case Hasheem Thabeet is sitting out there on waivers we should just go grab him and work with him.

• Upvote 1

If you put up decent numbers on a crappy team does that make you a decent player or a crappy one? You mentioned that he's young so he will improve, why? Why will he improve just because he's young? Is he going to get faster? Tougher? If we were talking about developing a jumper I may give you that, we aren't. We are talking about a skilled player that doesn't have the mental or the physical makeup to do what is needed out of a center. Do those things develop over time? If that is the case Hasheem Thabeet is sitting out there on waivers we should just go grab him and work with him.

Well said.

Brook Lopez sucks. I say we wait to the deadline before making a decision. DWill will be crying by then to get out of town, probably naming Dallas as his preferred destination. We will swoop in with a trade proposal that the Nets will say they need an extra piece. We will sweeten the pot by throwing in the rights to the next Arvydas Sabonis........ Fran Vasquez.

2012/13 Nets

Meer

JJ

Outlaw

Lopez

Fran

The UnstoppaNets

For an example of a talented young player with plenty of upside who never got better, kindly direct your attention to Spencer Hawes, Jason Thompson, or JaVale McGee.

Maurice Speights has been a talented player that has not improved through college AND in the NBA, we should just grab him I'm sure he will change. All of you guys that go on and on about young player, will improve, blah blah blah, you sound like a bunch of high school girls hugging your copy of Twilight and waiting patiently for Bobby to change because you just know that he is a great guy deep down inside. Geez, step into reality, there are some things that you can't change or coach.