AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

So New Orleans is going to get 2 role players, a pick, and CAP space they would have had at the end of the year anyway for Chris Paul.

Awesome.

Exactly. Kudos to the NBA!

Or "two prospects, a great pick, and cap they wouldn't have had they traded Paul to the Lakers".

It's all a matter of viewpoint :happypuppy:

The coaching staff of the Hornets has to be able to operate without input from the NOH Interim Owners ("other teams").

The management of the Hornets (eg the strategical decision to sign a max deal with Kwame Brown) is -as it should be- under the approval of the Interim Ownership ("other teams").

The rest is just judgemental blob and, as per my wardrobe, I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

:cheers:

wait, so you want the other 29 teams to run the NO franchise? Forget how ridiculous that is, but how is that even possible?

Source insists LAC offering Gordon, Kaman, Aminu & Minny's pick for CP. LAC dont want Gordon's name reported in deal in case it don't happen

Or "two prospects, a great pick, and cap they wouldn't have had they traded Paul to the Lakers".

It's all a matter of viewpoint :happypuppy:

"I was shot in the chest and now have to eat through a tube, but I could have been decapitated. Man, being shot IS awesome! It's all a matter of viewpoint."

What an asinine way to judge things.

Not quite.

The taking-up of contract was on the table.

Now it's this deal.

'Judging' this against the impossible scenario of NOH holding on to Paul the entire season (ie "cap they would have anyway") is eerily jejune.

"I was shot in the chest and now have to eat through a tube, but I could have been decapitated. Man, being shot IS awesome! It's all a matter of viewpoint."

What an asinine way to judge things.

Getting shot is totally rad.

So I'm guessing if we're discussing asinine things, nothing's really happened since last night? Lame - was hoping the CP3 logjam would be broken by now.

Not quite.

The taking-up of contract was on the table.

Now it's this deal.

'Judging' this against the impossible scenario of NOH holding on to Paul the entire season (ie "cap they would have anyway") is eerily jejune.

Once the original trade was vetoed, it was no longer on the table. So you're comparing the new trade to a no longer viable option. So to suggest that they are gaining an asset that was unavailable to them because that asset wouldn't have been available in the first trade is ludicrous, especially since the first trade makes it obvious that it was an asset they weren't interested in having. In fact, it should be obvious they weren't interested in that asset anyway, since they could have all of it they could stomach at the end of this coming season(when they'll get it with this trade) by simply doing nothing.

And I fail to see why the scenario where they don't trade Paul is impossible. It's actually quite easy. It's the end result of them literally doing nothing.

But then again, I don't understand why you bolded the word jejune. Were we supposed to be impressed that you own a thesaurus?

Getting shot is totally rad.

So I'm guessing if we're discussing asinine things, nothing's really happened since last night? Lame - was hoping the CP3 logjam would be broken by now.

This season is going to be awesome. The first regular season games are in less than 2 weeks, and teams are unwilling to fill out their rosters because of a few blockbuster trades that might not even happen.

This season is going to be awesome. The first regular season games are in less than 2 weeks, and teams are unwilling to fill out their rosters because of a few blockbuster trades that might not even happen.

This is funny. Teams like the Nuggets don't even have enough guys to scrimmage. Their first game action could be in their first game.