AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

If my star player requested I trade for Stephen Jackson, I wouldn't listen to him.

If my star player requested I trade for Anthony Morrow, I wouldn't listen to him.

If my star player was against me releasing Gilbert Arenas through the amnesty clause, I wouldn't care.

Just because you're a top 3 player in the league doesn't mean you can dictate terrible personnel decisions for your franchise.

• Upvote 1

There is one thing I am confused about. Apparently something happened between Howard and the organization this summer which soured him. But, there was a lockout this summer which forbade the team from having contact with Howard. How is it then that anything could have happened? We know the league was serious about fining teams should they violate this order of no contact. Strange.

There is one thing I am confused about. Apparently something happened between Howard and the organization this summer which soured him. But, there was a lockout this summer which forbade the team from having contact with Howard. How is it then that anything could have happened? We know the league was serious about fining teams should they violate this order of no contact. Strange.

I don't know maybe something happened between him and Stan? Otis? BVW?

What ever it was it's hard to imagine it could be that serious where it all of a sudden wants out.

It is probably just another scapegoat of his.

If Dwight really wants to go - Even though Bynum is injury prone he is STILL young and probably the second best C in the league. IMO we should trade D12, Duhon, and Turk for Bynum and the pieces that Houston offered for Gasol in the CP3 trade plus the pick LA just got from Dallas.

I would love to see a HEALTHY Bynum against Dwight in the finals with Baby to help him on D by taking charges when he spins.

PG-Nelson/Dragic

SG-Martin/Reddick

SF-Richardson/Q/Wafer

PF-Scola/Anderson/Baby

C-Bynum/Big Baby/Orton

Is not a bad squad and gets rid of Hedo and Duhon

I don't understand why people are wanting to trade Dwight for players that could put us in the playoffs this year. It makes no sense.

I agree. There is nothing worse than being a fringe playoff team loaded with veteran players. You are too good to get solid draft picks and too bad to have any chance of competing for a championship. It is the equivalent of sports purgatory. If we are trading our franchise player, which it appears we are, lets take advantage of the abbreviated season and outstanding draft to rebuild the right way. Our pick could be top ten and if we can net two more first round picks we could grab some very young all star caliber players. Also, we would have cap room and flexibility going forward. I would love to get the Clippers in on this.