AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

I'm all for exploring options, and to be honest having Dwight Howard will disrupt other teams in signing free agents and trading because they are waiting to see if they can get Howard.

If Dwight wanted out all along, I have so much more respect for Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony!

Why the hell we don't try to get D Will??? He is in same situation like D12, but ORL is better team, better franchise... everything is better. But at the end they will get D12 and we just watch. Where is the logic, if they want to play in same team isn't Orlando much better place then *****ing Brooklyn??? We have players for trade and we must accept their garbage.

OK, I understand that we trade him in LA, they are Lakers and they have players for trade, but to be blackmailed by *****ing NJ is deep sheet!!!

If we include a 3rd team this is what I would target. An unprotected early pick in 2012 draft and maybe likely late pick in 1st round + 1 of these players Paul George, Evan Turner, Eric Gordon, Stephen Curry, Demarcus Cousins maybe, I wouldn't hate getting Derrick Williams either. + Dump Turkoglu and perhaps Duhon (would be a dream). And we actually have a "good" deal there. Even if our pick wouldn't be top 5 we might still be able to pick up a really good player in this stacked draft.

Something like this maybe http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7mmvt2v and we got the Minnesota pick and LAL pick, wouldn't be terrible right?

From the Sentinel article-

"Talks between agents and perspective destination teams allow both parties to determine whether they’d be a good long-term match before a trade is made.

Those talks don’t guarantee a trade will be made. Indeed, Magic officials continue to say they want to keep Howard long-term. And even if Howard decides on a specific team, it does not mean the Magic are required to trade him there. "

My link

Now normally I wouldn't bother quoting the Sentinel but we all need to take a step back off the ledge here and that quote explains why. If you are management do you forbid a player you are trying to keep from speaking with other teams to explore their options? Don't you all think that would just piss him off? Let him talk to the other teams, if he decides that they are better fits then cross that bridge when you come to it. Bottom line is we don't know what the heck is going on right now and there are an awful lot of conflicting reports out there.

• Upvote 2

Just woke up and I'd to say a monsterous "***** YOU" to Otis Smith.

Its comical to me. This organization always finds way to invent new forms of stupidity.

I'm at the point now where I've prepared myself for a rebuild but this organization can't even agree on that. Otis confirms he grant Dwight permission to talk to other teams. Alex Martin says no we didn't and there's talk of tampering.

Its ridiculous.