AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7329710/sources-chris-paul-trade-talks-cool-new-orleans-hornets-unlikely-deal-friday

The Golden State Warriors have effectively withdrawn from the Paul Sweepstakes by stressing to the Hornets that they simply won't include star guard Stephen Curry in any deal with New Orleans. And sources told ESPN.com that none of the other teams known to be Paul's most ardent suitors sweetened their trade offers Wednesday, despite the fact that it's now an open secret around the league that the Hornets want to move Paul before the season starts Christmas Day, hoping to avoid a repeat of the long-running drama that suffocated the Denver Nuggets for much of last season before they traded Carmelo Anthony.

The Battier to Miami thing isn't a done deal. Ric Puker is the only one to say it and he didn't even sound 100% confident in it.

Not to say he will or won't end up there. But I don't trust this unless other reporters say so.

Thats comforting. In my head, I'm thinking that if the Warriors did offer Curry that the Hornets would be smart if they took it, depending on the other pieces. I think Curry is going to wind up being a stud in the NBA.

Hopefully we sweeten the deal. I don't know how, but something. A year with Paul by his side will convince D12 to resign. I'm positive.

You guys realize and have read that Howard won't extend his contract simply because he will get less money that way. It's better for him to wait until the season is over and then resign with the Magic. He can only commit verbally. I am not worried at all that he leaves, we'd have to miss the playoffs or get knocked out in the first round for that to happen.

Shane Battier would be quite a pickup. Even at this stage of his career, he'd be the best perimeter defender Dwight has ever played with, bar-none.

I'd say at this stage in his career he's similar to what Barnes was right? Not that much better, and I doubt he'll have a better season than the last. Upgrade over Turkoglu for sure though.

Yeah, but at least Shane can actually score.

I wouldn't be against getting any combination of Monta Ellis, Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala or all of them... or just 1. Shane Battier is a good player though. Better to have him than to have him on the Heat. And you are right, Matt Barnes is not very efficient, the thing I liked most about him is that he got in Kobe's head in that home game in the 09-10 season.

Shane+Ellis would be rather sick in Orlando. We would finally have a decent defender beside Dwight along with a strong SG rotation and a strong SF rotation with Shane and Q. I would actually like that team and it would be attractive for a free agent like Paul to come here with a decent team already being formed. Here's to hoping that the Magic get Battier and Amnesty Hedo.

• Upvote 1

You guys realize and have read that Howard won't extend his contract simply because he will get less money that way. It's better for him to wait until the season is over and then resign with the Magic. He can only commit verbally. I am not worried at all that he leaves, we'd have to miss the playoffs or get knocked out in the first round for that to happen.

You missed the silver lining in that comment as well. He gets less money if he walks versus re-signs with Orlando, as long as we don't sign and trade him.

Might as well hand them the title now.

stevekylerNBA: RT @chrisperk: Hearing a slimmer Eddy Curry will sign w/Heat on Friday. Flying in today from Chicago to meet with Pat Riley.