AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Sign and trade J-Rich for Ellis would be amazing if Otis pulled that off...

How/Why would that even work? Personally I think Ellis to be a bit overrated (shoot every time you touch it, and yes, you'll get points), but if that keeps Dwight around even for this year I'd be fine with it.

would be amazing if he could pull some draft picks more trade bait for Cp3 for J-Rich.

I've never really understood this: J-Rich is bigger and more explosive than Ellis (albeit older and therefore has less years). Ellis is undersized, is quick, can create his own shot... but can't really do much else.... And likes to throw up shots in bulk.... on a team with a bunch of shooters?

I don't see how this helps us other than appeasing Dwight's "wish list"?

sam_amick Sam Amick

On the Dwight Howard front, I'll be surprised if he gets moved anytime soon. That's the growing feeling among many around the league.

I think what most people (and especially those in the national media) don't get, or just don't care about, is if/when we lose Dwight, we're back to the basement no matter what. It just ends up coming down to which floor in the basement.

So why rush to trade him? Makes no sense.

It would probably take J Rich and a 1st, but even that gave me a lil' chub.

I would still do that.

How/Why would that even work? Personally I think Ellis to be a bit overrated (shoot every time you touch it, and yes, you'll get points), but if that keeps Dwight around even for this year I'd be fine with it.

I completely agree, not a fan of Ellis at ALL...ball hog, no defense, undersized....but at this point you do what ever Dwight wants to get him to resign and apparently Ellis is in his top 3 players that he wants.

Edit: Plus we have pretty damn good assets IMO, Ellis-Jameer-JJ-Anderson if the Nets realize at the deadline that Deron has changed tune and wants out.