AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

The NBA is considering pushing back the start of training camps until Monday, multiple league executives told Yahoo! Sports.

The league office was polling team executives over the past 48 hours about the possibility, sources said. The discussions are expected to continue as the NBA tries to give the Lakers more time to acquire Chris Paul and Dwight Howard.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ah2Mv2YN26LZNLxtYaAjVS28vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_nba_training_camp_delay_120611

Sweet!

I know most of what I say is retarded...but I still think that if I'm RDV, I'm on the phone to Phil Jackson trying to get him to come out of retirement to coach Dwight (I remember Jackson saying that if he had to choose 1 player to start his team with, it would be DH12)...which would hopefully lure both CP3 here and Dwight to stay.

Pull an Urban Meyer? I'm intrigued. Liklihood seems absurdly slim since he JUST retired. You'd have to give it at least a year before Phil has enough of an itch to come back.

Baumann LOL

Solid sources indicated Vander Weide made 1 am phone call to Dwight Howard in recent days. Vander Weide was thought to be intoxicated.

I have no clue. It just doesn't sound good a day after Dwights 8 hour meeting that now the CEO is stepping down, I just have a bad feeling about this.

IDK I guess we will know more later on today because there is a presser coming soon...

I only remember he's RVD's son-in-law because he was immediately promoted to a high management position in the Magic Organization shortly after his marriage.

Humorous, to say the least.

A 6 hour meeting (I believe) means they were discussing how to better the Magic team. The meeting would have been much shorter had Howard wanted to up-and-leave. Couple that with the report that Chris Paul's preferred destinations now include the Magic (as reported by RealGM), it gives me inclination that Dwight wants a couple of things done. Perhaps BVW refused to allow for the company to be run by a player who wouldn't commit, and ultimately, he stepped down because he refused to let a player run the organization with his high demands. Humorously enough, it was BVW who gave the "unlimited green light" to have Otis start spending like crazy to keep Dwight.

Which brings me back to my original question: Did Alex step down due to Dwight's demands, or did Dwight not like his tactics and made the ultimatum of "him-or-me."

And if, God forbid, this is to create a scape-goat with Dwight's leaving in the coming days, I ponder at the timing of the announcement. The decision doesn't seem to match up with the possibility.

David Baumann and Jarrod are reporting this:

Solid sources indicated Vander Weide made 1 am phone call to Dwight Howard in recent days. Vander Weide was thought to be intoxicated.

lol good move BVW

Baumann LOL

My above post should be negated.

THIS explains everything.

Dwight: Hello?

BVW: Uhh Dwight it's me

Dwight: Who?

BVW: Booby Vander weight

Dwight: Uhh ok, what can I do for you?

BVW: Listen i'm tryimng on some lingerie and I wondered if donkeys like pudding

Dwight: Click