Sign in to follow this  
Magicman28

Facepalm from Dwight

I really don't think hes acting like a victim. I think hes handling it somewhat poorly but I think hes being honest. Hes a young millionaire whos famous to boot. You don't think the idea of being in a big market where all you gotta do is get into your car and drive 10 minutes to a superstar party where its a nightly thing, is appealing to someone like that? On top of that, you got an GM who makes a knee jerk move and destroys the flexability to improve to where the only thing that MIGHT save them is a new CBA.

I don't blame Dwight. Hes handling it a lot better than LeBron did. I wish he would be a little more quiet about it but with the lockout and him not being able to be in constant communication with Magic management, he probably wanted to vent a little. From what I hear, the interview was in a intimiate setting and the interviewer got him to open up a little. I do think he wants to stay but I think hes leaning towards moving because of the reasons I listed above.

Its going to take Management above Otis I'm afraid to do this and I believe, after losing Shaq, they are. They probably are taking the reigns away from Otis a little. Vanderweigh, God help us, might need to control a little more outside of what hes comfortable with. I'm sure Devos is thinking along the same lines. No way is he sitting there staring at the roster with Arenas and Hedo's contract in one hand and Dwight's comments in the other and thinking, "eh...We'll be fine".

What I don't understand is why Dwight never calls out Otis. He's fine to call out Stan and the Players when they're under performing, if he's thinking about leaving anyways, why not. Maybe because he's the one who said he wanted Hedo back?

What I don't understand is why Dwight never calls out Otis. He's fine to call out Stan and the Players when they're under performing, if he's thinking about leaving anyways, why not. Maybe because he's the one who said he wanted Hedo back?

I think he has. Dude has said he needs help many times.

I don't know about Hedo. One of his complaints was not having any say on roster moves. I think that was all Otis.

Gone.

I too have been a bit grated by his tone since the season ended. It has progessed gradually to a "woe be me" tone more and more.

I'm a fan of Dwight and will be when(if) he leaves, but be a man about it and say straight up why you are doing it and stop trying to spin media attention in your favor. Once your contract is up, you have no obligation to anyone but yourself.

But man, what a sucker punch for Orlando and the Magic franchise. They built this new arena, get a lockout cancelled season (potentially) and may end up with a blown up roster that will be playing for the top picks in the draft for years to come. I have a hard time season fans that have left due to the lockout coming back and supporting the Magic en masse with a situation like that.

IMO this lockout has done nothing but hurt our chances even more of keeping Dwight. I think he was confused after the season on what he should do, but now with so much time to meditate/pray on the decision and only god knows what he's done this off season, I'd have to assume he's already checked out. For all we know he could have been talking to other organizations, players, GM's etc all under the table to see what would be best.

In a way he's slowly gone from hero to villain in my mindset. I'm going to go a head and say when Dwight leaves the most painful part of the whole thing will be everytime I look and go to Amway it will be like looking at a picture of your ex girlfriend. You're looking at a foundation of something that was built on love and happy times all in hopes of a better future and great times just to have her (Dwight in this case) leave in an instant.

the most painful part of the whole thing will be everytime I look and go to Amway it will be like looking at a picture of your ex girlfriend. You're looking at a foundation of something that was built on love and happy times all in hopes of a better future and great times just to have her (Dwight in this case) leave in an instant.

mhfvio.jpg

• Upvote 1

I'm having trouble imagining how some of the people of this board would respond to actual bad news in your every day lives.

God help the people who have to console you guys the first time you lose your job.

Everyone knows sports are far more important than jobs.

mhfvio.jpg

I LOL'd

But seriously the ONLY reason why we have Amway Center is because of Dwight. Before Dwight this team was talking about moving to Kansas city, so it's kind of hard to look at a Dwightless Amway.

Idk that's just me tho. :dustball: