Sign in to follow this  
Magicman28

Facepalm from Dwight

I don't have a problem with him wanting to live in those places for those reasons but come out and say that is why you want to go, not because you fear you won't become a global product when you already are one.

I'll agree with you there. If Dwight stakes his claim to leaving on not being able to have a big enough brand in these confines, then yes, that would be ridiculous. Although I don't think at the end of the day that'll be a big factor.

I would say this for his overall decision. It's kind of call between being very highly respected by a relatively small group of people, and being appreciated for the time being by a huge group of people (which you kind of pointed out earlier).

I can totally understand why Dwight would leave, and wouldn't fault him for it.

With that said, he has been acting like a giant douche in the last few months, saying how much he loves the city and blahblahblah but at the same time taking subtle (or not-so-subtle) jabs at everything Magic related, deflecting blame, and pretending to be a victim. I'd respect him more if he just left and said he did it because the team sucked rather than playing everyone like a cheap politician.

he could still re-sign depending on a miracle from management, but it wouldn't really change my feelings towards him.

This. He should just stay quiet and let things happen before he runs his mouth. He's really turned into a whiner lately, he's not the same Dwight we drafted in 2004. The fame and success has gone to his head.

At the end of the day it what it is. As with most, im still going to pull for my Magic much like I did during the Shaq on/off era. So however these cards are played out, is cool with me.

But, I hope Dwight stays here in Orlando. He has done a great job here as a player and a citizen helping the community. Dwight has to account for what he hasnt done at the same time the Magic Organization need to do the same.

Both need to have a serious talk about what the future will look like for both. I dont believe the hype comment of bigger lights leading too other cities, Orlando has Universal an Disney. Honestly, Disney could put him where ever he wants.... Global Market.

Back to the business of both, Dwight and the Ownership need to come to an agreement. And figure out how to construct a long term team that can contend with Dwight leading the way. Dwight once said, he would like to retire in Orlando. I still believe he does. Dwight, like any great player, wants to win it all with a team capable of doing so.

Its the same thing we as fans expect.

The question is, is the Organization going to do it? (Post Lockout)

How is it I posted this entire article a day before in another thread, and yet noone has said " hey go to the other thread to talk about this". I thought we don't start new threads for something that's already being discussed...?

didn't see it baby tits

Dwight Howard says: “Thanks to all the Rollins football players that had some great words of encouragement after practice. I really appreciated hearing that.”

bdub1020 says: “after ur interview the magic fans would appreciate hearing something too.. esp us who have been here before u shaq.#justsayin”

Dwight Howard says: “what do u wanna hear”

bdub1020 says: “the truth.. but damn if otis does his scream and gets u what u deserve.. then let the money be the second reason u stay”

bdub1020 continues: “Dwight us in upper management know what u meant in ur interview..U r The Magic if they dont keep u by #anymeansneccessary”

bdub1020 adds: “we got rid of rashard.. RIP and built u an arena.. u gonna show out on TV…. real is not meeting real at this time Dwight”

Dwight Howard says: “u don’t know what real is. Regardless of what u or anybody thinks. I have to live for me. I can’t make everybody happy.”

bdub1020 says: “and w/ tht comment I know ur leaving.. nough said. do wt u gotta do”

bdub1020 adds: “to say I don’t know what real is would be disrespect…. go to another team I respect ur talent. Dont question my character”

:svgsad:

• Upvote 1

The way he reacted, on Twitter, to Lebron's decision pretty much assured me that he would be leaving. I have no doubt he will leave. Sucks, but we should be used to it by now.

To be honest Dwight is annoying with this victim mentality crap. If you want to leave then fine just don't act like people aren't going to judge you for it. You make millions of dollars, it comes with the territory.

Dwight, if you read these boards ever like you once kinda said you did let this one post stick with you.

Dwight, I have tons of pride in my city, I love it and cant imagine living anywhere else. I was in the Army and have been moved around alot I served in Iraq in 2008 and when I was there and I knew a Magic game was on AFN I would stay up till around two in the morning when I was out all day in 100+ degree weather working by butt off, just to watch you and MY team play. I would brag to the guys the next morning about your dunks, our fast breaks and how you guys celebrated together. Nothing made me more proud then watching MY team rolling and MY city going crazy screaming in the stands. I sometimes could do nothing but laugh out loud becuase of how great the moments that you gave me were. Dont even get me started about that .8 second inbound dunk over Tim Duncan in 2007 I couldnt sit down after, it was insane. I understand how having an always negative leader will bring your troops (team) down, but i would be darned if an outsider said anything bad about my leader cuz we play for each other and the people we represent. Stay with OUR city we will get it done, we will sellout the stands and we will have a championship parade for the first time coming down the street on a giant float of just your face with a big grin on it. We dont have any statues outside of Amway yet but I am sure if we get time away from our hectic schedule of taking care of all of our other kings of OUR city we will get you one. You will have one somewhere but why not one in a class of your own instead of one among many.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To be honest Dwight is annoying with this victim mentality crap. If you want to leave then fine just don't act like people aren't going to judge you for it. You make millions of dollars, it comes with the territory.

I really don't think hes acting like a victim. I think hes handling it somewhat poorly but I think hes being honest. Hes a young millionaire whos famous to boot. You don't think the idea of being in a big market where all you gotta do is get into your car and drive 10 minutes to a superstar party where its a nightly thing, is appealing to someone like that? On top of that, you got an GM who makes a knee jerk move and destroys the flexability to improve to where the only thing that MIGHT save them is a new CBA.

I don't blame Dwight. Hes handling it a lot better than LeBron did. I wish he would be a little more quiet about it but with the lockout and him not being able to be in constant communication with Magic management, he probably wanted to vent a little. From what I hear, the interview was in a intimiate setting and the interviewer got him to open up a little. I do think he wants to stay but I think hes leaning towards moving because of the reasons I listed above.

Its going to take Management above Otis I'm afraid to do this and I believe, after losing Shaq, they are. They probably are taking the reigns away from Otis a little. Vanderweigh, God help us, might need to control a little more outside of what hes comfortable with. I'm sure Devos is thinking along the same lines. No way is he sitting there staring at the roster with Arenas and Hedo's contract in one hand and Dwight's comments in the other and thinking, "eh...We'll be fine".