Sign in to follow this  
Trey Time

Honestly, where can Dwight go?

We've beaten this horse way past death, but I wanted to add a new wrinkle to it. We've always talked about IF Dwight would leave or stay, but (in case I missed it) we haven't really talked about WHERE he could go (realistically). It might help us see if he would really leave or not. Let's take a look at who can, and can't sign Dwight.

RUMORED TO SIGN DWIGHT BUT CAN'T

Los Angeles Lakers

Chicago Bulls

New York Knicks

The worldwide leader has talked over and over about how one of these teams will sign Dwight, they can't. Trade for Dwight? Eliminate LA right away. Then there's Chicago and New York. Sure, give me Melo or Rose and I'll think about it. But they won't, so no deal (unfortunately for us though, I'm not Otis).

RUMORED TO SIGN DWIGHT AND CAN

Boston Celtics

Brooklyn Nets

If Dwight wants an elite PG, either of these places would work. I know people will say the big three are too old, but they are still good players even if they're not what they once were. And once they're gone, who wouldn't want to play with Dwight and Rondo? With Brooklyn it all depends on the coach killer Deron Williams. If he stays, they have a legit shot at Dwight. If he doesn't, there's no way he goes there.

SEXY PLACES WITH CAP SPACE

Los Angeles Clippers

Denver Nuggets

Washington Wizards

Golden State Warriors

Memphis Grizzlies

Sure, Denver and Memphis are the only playoff teams on this list, so what makes the other places sexy? The combo of Dwight and Blake Griffin is sexy. As is the combo of Dwight and John Wall, and Dwight and Stephen Curry. Dwight is the missing link to Denver being a serious contender, and sure Memphis has Gasol already, but if you sign Dwight you can flip Gasol for something nice.

SEXY PLACES WITH A TRADE PIECE

Oklahoma City Thunder

Miami Heat

Neither of these teams can sign Dwight. Now that that's out of the way, what if Miami offered LeBron for Dwight? We all know that I would say hell the ***** no, but who else would? Would Otis? Oklahoma City could offer Westbrook, and should try after what happened in the playoffs. In my opinion, if Dwight was to leave this is what I would want. Westbrook, unless something comes out of left field, is the best player (not named LeBron) that we could get for Dwight.

I haven't thought all of this through, I'm just throwing ideas at the wall. If Dwight was to leave, where could he go? In my opinion, the biggest threat is Boston. But after looking at this further, I really think he stays. Discuss.

Okay, what the heck. Ignoring the "Can't sign Dwight" options, and ignoring any real analysis of what could happen (no idea about the new CBA etc.), if I was Dwight, here is what I would look at:

Boston - Proven they have the management in place to put together legit contending teams

Nyets - Proven nothing

Clippers - Proven nothing (actually less than nothing)

Nuggets - decent, but haven't shown they can really contend (from a management perspective)

Warriors - (See Clippers)

Grizzlies - Proven nothing

Thunder - Proven they can get things accomplished, like stealing the Sonics for instance, and are on the verge of being a true contender

Heat - Proven management in place,

If I were Dwight, and I was looking to leave Orlando, I would seriously consider Boston (I just threw up in my mouth a little), or asking for a sign and trade to Oklahoma City or Miami.

If I'm Otis, no way do I sign and trade Dwight unless it's for LeBron (again with the puke in the mouth).

Miami would be devastating with Dwight anchoring the defense, and Wade leading the charge down the stretch.

Any and all speculation is somewhat pointless until we see the new cap and what kind of rules they are going to have for free agents.

• Upvote 1

Well, I might be making the jump from Seattle to Boston in the near future, so being able to watch Dwight there would be cool. But then I'd have to root for the Celtics, and I hate the Celtics.

....first-world problems.

• Upvote 1

Well, I might be making the jump from Seattle to Boston in the near future, so being able to watch Dwight there would be cool. But then I'd have to root for the Celtics, and I hate the Celtics.

That's quite the jump.

The narwhal bacons at midnight

• Upvote 2

It is really not possible to say without knowing what the new CBA will be like, but no one has convinced me that Dwight will stay yet. I think some how Pat Riley will find a way to get Dwight. This is a brillant man with a lot insignt and cunning. It is also a great possibility that Dwight will sign with the Celtics, Clippers, Thunder or Grizzlles.

• Upvote 1

It is really not possible to say without knowing what the new CBA will be like, but no one has convinced me that Dwight will stay yet. I think some how Pat Riley will find a way to get Dwight. This is a brillant man with a lot insignt and cunning. It is also a great possibility that Dwight will sign with the Celtics, Clippers, Thunder or Grizzlles.

You make me LOL all the time.

• Downvote 1