Sign in to follow this  
three3d

Whats they best Magic game you have been to, and why ?

My favorite overall game I've been too was the Christmas Day game this year against the Celtics. My favorite moment though was the Vince Carter 360. It was just so shocking because I didn't think he had it in him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have seen so many great games. The LA win in season one. The amazing Turk pass to Howard for a slam over Duncan come to mind. The steal.

My favorite ending was the game in 1999 when Darrell Armstrong stole the ball on a Philly inbounds pass and drove from mid-court to make a game winning layup with the clock expiring. It was so amazing because it was Darrell, not a star, but a hard working Joe in the mold of Pete Rose (Less the gambling stuff.)

I have seen so many great games. The LA win in season one. The amazing Turk pass to Howard for a slam over Duncan come to mind. The steal.

My favorite ending was the game in 1999 when Darrell Armstrong stole the ball on a Philly inbounds pass and drove from mid-court to make a game winning layup with the clock expiring. It was so amazing because it was Darrell, not a star, but a hard working Joe in the mold of Pete Rose (Less the gambling stuff.)

Wow you have been to some good games. The Howard slam over Duncan would have been cool to be at. Darrell Armstrong was one of my all time favirot Magic players, that was one great play he made in that game. Wonder if we have anybody on here that was at the game that Nick stole the ball from MJ ?

Wow you have been to some good games. The Howard slam over Duncan would have been cool to be at. Darrell Armstrong was one of my all time favirot Magic players, that was one great play he made in that game. Wonder if we have anybody on here that was at the game that Nick stole the ball from MJ ?

Brooks Thompson was there.

Brooks Thompson was there.

That is true. They didn't let me play in that series though for some reason. I think by that point I had proven what I could do to help the team, but I didn't play a minute against the Bulls. That's Brian Hill for you.

The best Magic game I've been to, of course, would have to be April 2, 1995 against the perennial powerhouse Los Angeles Lakers. It was my first NBA start. I was kind of nervous before the game, but as many of you know I'm nothing if not professional, and once the game started I had ice in my veins. I proceeded to score 20 points, including going 4 for 6 from the 3-point line. That's 66.6 repeating%, which is an outstanding percentage from that range. It's a testament to my incredible work ethic and conditioning that I was able to play so sparingly during the season up to that point, but also remain prepared to step in and outscore everyone except the Big Fella and Cedric Ceballos when my number was finally called.

What a glorious day that was. Unfortunately, Brian Hill never really gave me much of a chance to build on that game. I actually was so angered by how he handled my development that I decided to end my playing career and become a coach, just to prove to Brian Hill that I knew more about coaching basketball than he did. Along with having mastered general knowledge and sports trivia, Brooks Thompson knows the game of basketball.

• Upvote 1

We were at the game when the Magic were the 1st team to beat the new Boston with the big 3 and ended their unbeaten streak. For me that was the beginning of a lot of great games to come! Turks lob/Dwight dunk over Duncan was awesome too!

Best Magic game I've ever seen in a LOSS was this year's in Oklahoma City. That was such a great game. I was like...the only Magic game in a sea of Oklahoma City fans. haha.

Best Magic game I've ever been to in a win and overall was game 3 of the 2001 playoffs against Milwaukee. You know, the only one we won. The one where there was a huge fight. I was only 9 when I went, but I still remember it. It was my first Magic playoff game and the energy in that building was so electric down the stretch. Truly unforgettable.

I've only been to Magic games when they come to Utah. This year's was awesome because I got moved from the upper bowl to the third row, but at the same time it sucked because we were in the crappy slump right before the trade.

The two most memorable go back a few years though. I don't remember the year, but my mom bought me third row tickets for Christmas. Doc Rivers was a new coach and Orlando was headlined by Darrell Armstrong and Ron Mercer (Heart & Hustle). Can't remember if we won or lost, but I'd never been that close to the Magic before and being a kid, it was great.

The other was a few years later and I got to go on the court during a timeout for a Sprite promotion. I walked by the Orlando huddle and could've reached out and touched TMac. I had as large a man-crush on TMac as anyone ever has. Basically, "the only thing [i was] worried about, was gettin' a..." - Michael Scott.

Fyi, as a result of the Sprite promotion I got to go to dinner at T.G.I.Friday's with the then young Andrei Kirilenko. It was awesome, free steak on AK (or Sprite, I guess).

Game 1 of the 2008 playoffs against the Raptors. Amazing atmosphere.

I don't go to many Magic games, I went to one against the Bulls in the T-Mac days I vaguely remember. Went to one against Golden State that we lost, went to one against the Cavs when they announced Jameer and Rashard on the All Star team, and went to one against the Bobcats this past season. Always a boatload of fun, wish I could do more.

This is pretty difficult because I have long since lost count of the games I have been to, and I'm sure I'm missing out on a couple.

The best / most memorable game:

Game 3 of the 2009 finals. Epic, epic game. First finals win for the franchise. Finals record for shooting percentage. Pietrus with a huge steal. The foul (block) on Kobe. Giving the Lakers 18 offensive rebounds and extra possessions to give them a chance to tie the game in the final seconds. Shard burying both free throws to ice it. Great win, great game, good times.

Most fun game:

"WE WANT FOYLE!" clap clap clap clap clap

Game from many years ago that sticks out:

The game where MJ switched from 45 back to 23. I think it was in the 95 playoffs. At 12 years old, I was firmly convinced that all of Jordan's powers were wrapped in that #23 jersey and that we were now doomed to fail and Michael would go for 60.