Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Redick to be starter?

it will be interesting to see how it plays out. i would like for him to make it as a starter and prove others wrong but i will be happy if he contributes and get to play that 25 to 30. i still think a trade could be made.

Wasn't SVG calling JJ one of our best perimeter defenders last season? It may be a mind game type thing, but Stan has called out players about suspect play as well so maybe he sees something.

The thing that interest me is JJ's ability to score and score quickly when he gets hot. We saw it against Atlanta when he put up 10 quick points or so in 3-4 minutes. JJ could easily net us between 15-25pts a night as a starter. Solid fundamentals offensively and has shown that he can slash and come off of screens.

Defensively he can still get it done. Of course he can't guard Kobe or Wade but he is tireless and would make the other teams shooting guard play both ends of the floor all night. He has guarded Ray Allen very well in the past.

There are things that JJ cant do, but one thing you can count on every night is that he will not quit. He is not a quitter like some other players. I think we can all agree that not playing 48 minutes of good basketaball was a big problem for our team last year. He might not be the fastest or the strongest or the biggest player on the court, but we can count on him bringing it every single night. I think having him as a starter could provide a confidence boost to all teammates.

• Upvote 2

There are things that JJ cant do, but one thing you can count on every night is that he will not quit. He is not a quitter like some other players. I think we can all agree that not playing 48 minutes of good basketaball was a big problem for our team last year. He might not be the fastest or the strongest or the biggest player on the court, but we can count on him bringing it every single night. I think having him as a starter could provide a confidence boost to all teammates.

pow!

this is the nba, not Hoosiers

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm fine with JJ starting. He knows his role. Great work ethic and wants to win It could work but it depends on what we have at the 3 and 4 spot. Not so much the 1 as some think.

this is the nba, not Hoosiers

This is true, but:

“I’ve said everything there is to say,” Howard said. “That’s it. I’ve talked every timeout, when we’re in the huddle, in the locker room… What, you want me to Tweet about it? I’ve done everything I’m supposed to do as a leader.”

“…If guys don’t want to play, they’ve got to sit down. We just can’t have guys or anybody out there not playing hard.”

“We have a lot of talent, but talent will not get you a championship,” Howard said. “We’re one of the most talented teams in the NBA. We’re a deep team. We’ve got guys who can do a lot of different things. But if we don’t bring it every night, it’s a waste of talent.”

“Everybody on the team has to step up and play hard,” he said. “I’m not singling anybody out. I’m not calling anybody out. But as a team, if we don’t play hard we’re going to lose every night.”

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/24/howard-questions-magics-effort-and-desire/

I BET IF ALL THE FELLAS JUST PLAY REALLY HARD WE'LL WIN A TITLE DESPITE OUR SHORTCOMINGS IN THE TALENT AND NEED DEPARTMENT. ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS BELIEVE FELLAS! REMEMBER, WE ARE THE MAGIC! GIGGLES!!!!!1

WELL, TOODLES HOMEFRIES!!

• Downvote 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a good possibility that JJ's trade value would increase substantially if he would start?