Sign in to follow this  
BMP

Justin Harper

lol I was kidding folks

whatcha think of harper bmp?

I like him, but I think it's more because of reminds me of Sweet Lew a lot and I really miss Sweet Lew :svgsad: I'm hoping hard for an amnesty clause just so we can cut Arenas, Washington can maybe can Lewis, and we can bring him back.

Effort and ability are too entirely different debates if we are talking about a new guy's potential.

We all get pissed at Hedo because we know he can play D when he wants but he chooses not to.

I have no idea what Harper's internal motivations are like, but I am simply saying you have to have that lateral quickness to have a shot at doing it in the NBA.

Hedo surprisingly does for his size. Unfortunately, he is here for the party and paycheck.

I think we are basically saying the same thing in many ways at this point.

I like the pick, but I think he will play PF. We (well not you and I but whatever) had this same debate with Ryno last year. Both players lack the lateral quickness required to play at SF for any length of time.

This guy is insurance if we trade Ryno.

I think he can guard some of the SF in the NBA. Now, can he guard Bron, KD or Melo? Absolutely not. But he can guard opposing teams backup SF's, which is good because he will most likely be part of the 2nd unit anyway.

I think he can guard some of the SF in the NBA. Now, can he guard Bron, KD or Melo? Absolutely not. But he can guard opposing teams backup SF's, which is good because he will most likely be part of the 2nd unit anyway.

I agree. NO ONE can stop those elite players, which is why they are perennial all stars. He will be a good player for us with the chance to become a great player with hard work.

Yeah I can see that happening.

You could put him out there with Earl Clark as well in a SF/PF tandem now and then too. This would allow them to switch roles on offense D for more flexibility.

I think the Magic are going to resign EC by the way.

Trade Ryan or Bass, resign Earl.

Ryan or Bass, Orton, Harper, Clark, Dwight. Throw in a vet or two and I like that rotation. Young and flexible in the rotation with Earl and Justin being able to play the 3 and 4.

Ryan or Bass, Orton, Harper, Clark, Dwight. Throw in a vet or two and I like that rotation. Young and flexible in the rotation with Earl and Justin being able to play the 3 and 4.

lots of potential in that rotation, me likey. The odd man out is Bass.

I agree. NO ONE can stop those elite players, which is why they are perennial all stars. He will be a good player for us with the chance to become a great player with hard work.

Well apparently we only need to contain Lebron in the first 3 quarters. The rest will take care of itself. LOL. One other thing I like about Harper is that he was the man on his team and he played well in the biggest games. Hopefully he doesn't crap the bed in the playoffs like the rest of our team.

I am pretty sure that is the plan. Now if it gets executed is another issue.

But if we look at it realistically, here are our only attractive trade pieces:

Jameer, Bass, Anderson, JJ, Jrich (S&T)

So it only makes sense that we grabbed a floor stretching tweener.

Man I would LOVE to see some Earl Clark and Harper running together as part of a reserve unit. That could be real fun.

For a pick this late in the draft? Good pick.

I don't think it nets us a championship, but what rookie not named Alcindor or Johnson have? I'm still worried for this season, but thankfully it'll be a short one, right?

...are there a lot of rhetorical questions in this reply?

[edit] I still say we need a couple bigs, but you usually don't find those in the draft, anyways.

I didn't read through this, but I just watched a highlight video of Harper.

and he reminds me A LOT of Earl. Better offensively, but similar body build and handling skills. I think these two combined on the court could cause a lot of issues for teams. If they can both improve their handling I think this could be a good pick up.

I also agree with the Shard reference, he has a lot of similarities with him.