Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread pt V: The Sentinel Strikes Back (and makes us sad)

The NFL is all posturing though. They are going to get the deal done. Everything in the media is nonsense. The NBA's problems are real and the owners are definitely strapping in.

I do think NBA owners are more serious about losing a season than NFL owners are. I think NFL owners are just using the lockout to get the best deal for them possible, most of them really don't want to lose football.

I've heard talks about how some NBA owners may actually lose more money if there was a season this year. I don't know...

The NBA as a league would be hurt more from a lockout in my opinion though, it isn't as popular as the NFL and could lose a lot of the viewers they have been gaining lately.

The Dwight Howard for Joe Johnson and Josh Smith trade story is completely false. It makes as much sense as the account that had the Suns sending Steve Nash to Siberia, err, Minnesota.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/head_of_the_class_Tcg0aTzAuXafienugJbl4J/1

Theres nothing else about this in the article....but Monte wants out...which was posted already...

I never knew Dwight Howard for JJ and Smith was a story. :huh:

I never knew Dwight Howard for JJ and Smith was a story. :huh:

Jareth, I think you proved first hand how easy it is to start a rumor and watch it spin out of control.....amirite????/

KBerg_CBS Ken Berger

Stern on show of force from 30-plus players in bargaining session: "It was great." On players' STAND T-shirts, Stern said, "Nicely done."

2 minutes ago

KBerg_CBS Ken Berger

Stern said he has an agreement with players not to discuss the substances of Friday's negotiations.

7 minutes ago

KBerg_CBS Ken Berger

David Stern declined to discuss his thoughts about the NBPA not coming forth with a counterproposal Friday.

7 minutes ago

The lockout in 98 lasted until late January, and I think this sounds alot worse on paper.

If we get a Space Jam 2 out of this lockout it'll almost be worth it

• Upvote 1

Space Jam 2... must have Kobe instead of MJ then

It better be. If LeBron James is cast in it and ruins my favorite movie as a kid, I'll never forgive him. The Decision, ok. Promising multiple championships, whatever. All the other crap he's done, cool. But if he ruins Space Jam, unforgivable. He might as well take his talents to the North Pole to play Santa Claus and ruin Christmas while he's at it.

• Upvote 2