Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread pt V: The Sentinel Strikes Back (and makes us sad)

BQRMagic Evan Dunlap

Otis Smith: man who recruited D. Liggins to UK is a good friend of his. "My intel on him is through the roof."

6 minutes ago

Orlando_Magic Orlando Magic

Stan Van Gundy: "Both are very, very hard workers in very, very good shape. If we started tomorrow, they'd be ready to go."

5 minutes ago

Apparently the rumored pre-draft trade of Sixers malcontent Andre Iguodala for Lakers celeb Lamar Odom was nixed by Philly due to concerns about Lamar's reality show with his wife, famous for being less attractive than her sister. Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld reports that the Sixers were worried he wouldn't be happy away from his family and the reality show.

This is reportedly the first time in history anything that ridiculous has caused a trade to fall through. Could you imagine if Moses Malone didn't get traded to the Sixers because he didn't want to watch M*A*S*H on the East Coast? Or if Kareem stayed with the Bucks because Los Angeles didn't have his favorite nightly news anchor? Welcome to 2011.

There's also a rumor floating around that Iguodala's LA-based agent Rob Pelinka is trying to get him traded to either the Lakers or Clippers because he wants him in his hometown. While Andre's food tastes would play well in the health-obsessed-friendly town of LA, I doubt his agent is pushing a city specifically for himself. Plus everyone knows Andre hates traffic. He couldn't handle the 405 coming home from practice.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2011/6/29/2250602/khloe-kardashian-killed-trade-sixers-lakers-lamar-odom-andre-iguodala

Charles Barkley blames the movement of several of the game's best players to the NBA's biggest markets as part of the reason why the owners are so committed to overhauling the current CBA.

“Well I think, and I’m not saying this because I’m in the NBA, if you go back and look, David Stern has been the best commissioner in sports the last 25 years. It would take a miracle on his part not to have a lockout and I truly believe that. I think there’s going to be a lockout, I think the owners are dug in, I think they want to send a message to these players.

“I think they’re really upset by this LeBron James-Chris Bosh situation, because their teams don’t have to be really good, but I feel like if they have a star in their market they can make some money. And if all the stars want to play together . . . we’re almost becoming like baseball where you’ve got a few good teams and the rest of them stink.”

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214456/Barkley_Cites_Superstar_Movement_As_A_Main_Cause_Of_Lockout#ixzz1QggMQJVN

Barkley for new league commish! or Orlando Magic GM ;)

. . . we’re almost becoming like baseball where you’ve got a few good teams and the rest of them stink.

People like to crap on baseball and how the rich teams always win, but if you look at the past 10 World Series, 14 different teams have participated. One shy of half the league.

The past 10 NBA Finals? 9 teams.

People like to crap on baseball and how the rich teams always win, but if you look at the past 10 World Series, 14 different teams have participated. One shy of half the league.

The past 10 NBA Finals? 9 teams.

That's true. The bigger issue people have with baseball is that the have-nots seem to be the have-nots for large amounts of time. The Pirates, Royals, Nationals, etc.

Oh, and the thing where the Yankees buy everyone. People hate that too.

MagicBasketball MagicBBOnline-BSerra

Stan said the organization expects both guys to make the roster pending all the lockout variables.

5 minutes ago

Stan also said that DeAndre can hit the NBA 3 and will not be a guy that will be left alone.

8 minutes ago

Stan Van Gundy on the draft picks: "They are as ready as guys coming out of college can be."

9 minutes ago

Stan has also been impressed with Justin Harper's ball handling. Stressed that he was pleasantly surprised with both picks.

29 minutes ago

With deandre, he has shot the ball much much better than Stan has been led to believe.

30 minutes ago

Bad news... Justin Harper and DeAndre Liggins have both cited Gilbert Arenas as motivation.

37 minutes ag