Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part IV: A new hope (Draft day, baby!)

82 members have voted

1. 1. What will Otis Sith do?

• Nothing. He likes this team.
    • Draft another Fran and we go SVGSAD
    • Make a "SMH" trade.
    • Make a "OTIS WE LOVE YOU!" trade.
    • Make a "What just happened?" trade.
    • Otis forgets it's Draft day and all our wishes go down the drain
    • Random poll answer is random.
    • Whatever makes Dwight happy, Otis will do it!

Hmmm. So what if we send Jameer/filler to Sacramento for the 7th pick, and then flip whatever ATL wants with the 7th pick for Smith and filler? Eh..

Sacramento is under the CAP, but I can't really imagine they'd want to eat so far into their CAP space for Jameer Nelson, particularly given they're so likely to move the team(was that ever announced?). So we'd probably have to take back around 7.5m in salary I'm guessing(plus whatever filler). I don't know Jameer's salary off the top of my head, and I don't feel like looking it up.

So who would we take back in this scenario(that Sacramento would actually part with as dead weight in the trade)? Isn't the only salary that's roughly comparable to Jameer's salary Beno Udrih's?

Sacramento is under the CAP, but I can't really imagine they'd want to eat so far into their CAP space for Jameer Nelson, particularly given they're so likely to move the team(was that ever announced?). So we'd probably have to take back around 7.5m in salary I'm guessing(plus whatever filler). I don't know Jameer's salary off the top of my head, and I don't feel like looking it up.

So who would we take back in this scenario(that Sacramento would actually part with as dead weight in the trade)? Isn't the only salary that's roughly comparable to Jameer's salary Beno Udrih's?

Speaking of Sacto. What's the deal with Evans? Is he something Orlando should be looking at? Is he being shopped?

Looks like it. I know Sac town wants a scoring PG though, as they were rumored for Tony Parker as well. Seems like SA wants people to take back R-Jeff too though, which is why Portland declined.

But it's interesting that both Sac and Por want a scoring PG, and we have one.

Do we take back Udrih to gain that pick? Eek

Remember the 5th game against Atlanta this playoffs?... Turkoglu gets in foul trouble the first 2 minutes and Orlando dominates. Jason Richardson wasn't even playing. I feel like the only thing Orlando must do is trade away Turkoglu and that they must keep Nelson. Everything else is a mistake. QRich + Bass vs Turkoglu and Josh Smith. Who wins defensively? Number 1 priority should be to find a team to take Turkoglu. Number 2, use the amnesty on Gilbert.

Yeah, this board really doesn't know how to handle the rep system responsibly.

I positive-d it away. If someone is going to give people negative 1s just for having the audacity to state the same position as pretty much every professional analyst of the sport, then they at least owe it to the discourse to justify that in a post.

How about this....Maybe, Most of the people do not believe the national media and there are nothing more than a mouthpeice for the four letter network and they are hoping for more drama, IE D12 leaving, so they have no credibility in my book. So if you want to continue to just spew the same nonesense that they do, well feel free, but that does not mean that I have to agree with you or them. :chairshot:

Speaking of Sacto. What's the deal with Evans? Is he something Orlando should be looking at? Is he being shopped?

Answers to those three questions:

1. I'd need to know more about what you're asking than that.

2. No.

3. I doubt he's being actively shopped, because Sacramento thinks he's better than he is, but he's probably not untouchable.

Remember the 5th game against Atlanta this playoffs?... Turkoglu gets in foul trouble the first 2 minutes and Orlando dominates. Jason Richardson wasn't even playing. I feel like the only thing Orlando must do is trade away Turkoglu and that they must keep Nelson. Everything else is a mistake. QRich + Bass vs Turkoglu and Josh Smith. Who wins defensively? Number 1 priority should be to find a team to take Turkoglu. Number 2, use the amnesty on Gilbert.

I will also say that Jameer's numbers go down with Hedo.

Should've never brought him back.